Who here gets the virus first?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Mar 12, 2020.

1. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The worst part - I have horses and actually need that Ivermectin - it's hard to find and if ya do - it's triple what it used to be price wise!

2. arrowflinger1

arrowflinger1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    And it’s good thing that they are giving them all a $100 gift card, another way to waste our tax dollars

Sota likes this.
  3. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That’s a pile of fried twinkies

Then they get diabetes and cost you more money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cantexian and arrowflinger1 like this.
  4. Hotrod9

Hotrod9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not true, the fried twinkies are free with proof of vaccination.

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Remember when they were telling us that masks were going to keep the hospitals and morgues from getting over whelmed? No mask mandates and hospitals and morgues are not overwhelmed. Sure some hospitals are at near peak numbers but still even with the more readily spread variant no mask needed.

6. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Every super spreader event where no one passes away is a good thing. More people immune

7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have made it this far without covid, I am holding out for $100 for the booster.

8. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I’m waiting till mid October to get my shot so I can parlay that into I can’t come to work from the side effects to extra 4 day vacation to hunt but if I tag out early then no shot.

virginiashadow likes this.
  9. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-freedom-defender-caleb-wallace-dies-covid-20210829-4m7co2w6p5dkje3gh77zx6252a-story.html?outputType=amp

It seems COVID goes after the most vocal folks, dnoodles shhhhhhhhhhhh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You know on the Minnesota website they list the number of deaths from covid each day. I think it would be helpful if they listed the total deaths per day from other causes just to show perspective. I mean what reason would the state have not to offer the information?:confused:

cantexian likes this.
  11. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Had to run to the store, got 3/4 the way there when I remembered the mask mandate. No mask.

Went in anyway, probably 50/50 masked/unmasked. No one said a word or gave a dirty look.

Done with masks, kick me out or let me spend my money and leave.

cantexian, ash d, Sota and 1 other person like this.
  12. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    $100 wouldn't even get me to take a 3rd shot.

I wonder, how many deaths are linked to the Flu shot every year can go 2018 back, don't need Covid-19 skewing numbers.

The more people that cave to a booster shot the more likely they will be pushed every 4 to 8 months to retain your freedom.

With the Afghanisitan catastrophe, the border failure and now the SCOTUS court packing push being renewed it's about time to put another variant in the headlines that is 5,000 times more contagious than delta and requires 2 shots of Moderna, 2 shots of Pfizer, one shot of J&J and one shot of the Astrazenica(sp?) Vax.

cantexian and Hotrod9 like this.
  13. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Good grief, just seen there is a Mu variant making headlines.

I say we just go ahead and bomb some manmade islands. Effing c@#* suckers.

14. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The variants will be coming out faster than the booster shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

15. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    They're going to get into the greek alphabet like hurricane names, sadly I have no idea how many names China released before we get there.

16. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    * clear auto saved comment

17. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Prickster may have mandated it, and there may be signs up all over that say it, but my mayor (the only Republican mayor in Cook County) said he will not be allowing the local police to enforce it...ergo at least 20% of the people I see in stores* are unmasked like me. Us non-maskers are starting to do The Nod at each other in the stores.

[​IMG]

* depends on the stores. Some of the grocery stores are dragging that down...Home Depot, Menards, and Meijer are 50% or more. I went into Lowes over the weekend and I was one of very few not wearing one and I got dirty looks.​

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
  18. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/me...ricans-are-protected-from-covid-19/ar-AAO2c4d

so, 80% of people have the antibodies and we are now at full herd immunity and all this BS can go away now, right?

and blank you, @Germ. That guy was a fatass and also probably didn't keep his BAC at a roiling boil. Rookie mistake.

If C19 couldn't kill my morbidly obese, 2x heart attack and cancer survivor old man and just gave my leukemia-ridden mother the sniffles and the $hits, it sure as hell ain't gonna kill me.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
    0317 and cantexian like this.
  19. Hotrod9

Hotrod9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

I just picked up my V3. I’m going to need to get the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th all in one sitting to finish paying off that sucker.

Shocker99 and dnoodles like this.
  20. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    every single person who says ivermectin is a hoax and/or just "a horse medicine" is a GD liar.

From the NIH-

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33278625/

Ivermectin for Prevention and Treatment of COVID-19 Infection: A Systematic Review, Meta-analysis, and Trial Sequential Analysis to Inform Clinical Guidelines
    Andrew Bryant 1, Theresa A Lawrie 2, Therese Dowswell 2, Edmund J Fordham 2, Scott Mitchell 3, Sarah R Hill 1, Tony C Tham 4
    Affiliations
    Free PMC article
    Abstract

Background: Repurposed medicines may have a role against the SARS-CoV-2 virus. The antiparasitic ivermectin, with antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties, has now been tested in numerous clinical trials.

Areas of uncertainty: We assessed the efficacy of ivermectin treatment in reducing mortality, in secondary outcomes, and in chemoprophylaxis, among people with, or at high risk of, COVID-19 infection.

Data sources: We searched bibliographic databases up to April 25, 2021. Two review authors sifted for studies, extracted data, and assessed risk of bias. Meta-analyses were conducted and certainty of the evidence was assessed using the GRADE approach and additionally in trial sequential analyses for mortality. Twenty-four randomized controlled trials involving 3406 participants met review inclusion.

Therapeutic advances: Meta-analysis of 15 trials found that ivermectin reduced risk of death compared with no ivermectin (average risk ratio 0.38, 95% confidence interval 0.19-0.73; n = 2438; I2 = 49%; moderate-certainty evidence). This result was confirmed in a trial sequential analysis using the same DerSimonian-Laird method that underpinned the unadjusted analysis. This was also robust against a trial sequential analysis using the Biggerstaff-Tweedie method. Low-certainty evidence found that ivermectin prophylaxis reduced COVID-19 infection by an average 86% (95% confidence interval 79%-91%). Secondary outcomes provided less certain evidence. Low-certainty evidence suggested that there may be no benefit with ivermectin for "need for mechanical ventilation," whereas effect estimates for "improvement" and "deterioration" clearly favored ivermectin use. Severe adverse events were rare among treatment trials and evidence of no difference was assessed as low certainty. Evidence on other secondary outcomes was very low certainty.

Conclusions: Moderate-certainty evidence finds that large reductions in COVID-19 deaths are possible using ivermectin. Using ivermectin early in the clinical course may reduce numbers progressing to severe disease. The apparent safety and low cost suggest that ivermectin is likely to have a significant impact on the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic globally.