Team 4 - Bows4Hire

Discussion in '2021 Deer Contest' started by Westfinger, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Grommel - HERE
    Wisconsin Buckwatch - HERE
    Blarney22- HERE
    Westfinger- HERE
    @benkharr
    Rick James- HERE
    Hunterman927 - HERE
    PinkPony- HERE
    Goldtipxt - HERE
    Slugger - HERE
    Shocker99 - HERE

Lets get this party started!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
    Shocker99, grommel and Blarney22 like this.
  2. Blarney22

Blarney22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Shocker99, Westfinger and Logman like this.
  3. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in!!

4. Blarney22

Dislikes Received:
    Always fun to have a person from the show on the team.

Shocker99 and Rick James like this.
  5. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hi all! I'm Kristen.

No luck Kristen is more like it, hahaha. I've been archery hunting for five? six? years. I shot my first archery buck last year. Didn't find it until after season. Have shot two doe in the past by bow, too. However, it is my favorite season as I feel I just connect with nature when out there. So many beautiful sights to see. This year I'll be hunting right in my back yard. We dug out our pond, added in food plots and hoping the pines and golden rods will provide bedding. We own roughly 30 acres. We posted ours and the chunk leading to ours. The other side is an overhunted farmers land. So, hoping - if everything goes right - they'll find security on ours.

I have two smaller bucks that have been pretty regulars on the camera (100" ish). Had a bigger guy (roughly 130-140") show up a few days but hasn't been out lately. It's been so unusually hot around here in PA.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

The picture below, on the left is the one I have my eye on. I love nontypical deer! He is an older buck, too.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  6. Westfinger

Dislikes Received:
    I'm Dan, I live work and hunt in NorthCentral Ohio. Started bowhunting as a teen running a mix of public and private in upstate NY. I've been leasing some ground in OH for about ten years now. I seldom have any good bucks on the property during the summer but all that should be changing soon.
    Our season opens up Sept 25 and runs to February so I'm in this for the long haul. I will be hunting a week in SW Iowa this Nov as well.
    I'm looking forward to this season and sharing in your adventures.

Shocker99 and Blarney22 like this.
  7. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hell yea! Let's get this party going.

Looking forward to this season. I mainly hunt in NC and VA. I have trips planned for KY though again this year.

Shocker99, Westfinger and Blarney22 like this.
  8. hunterman927

hunterman927 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in! I’m Greg, I live and hunt here in Sallisaw, Ok. Mainly hunt private with some public mixed in. Season doesn’t start until October 1st for me. I’ll be chasing them with a recurve again this year. Last year was a phenomenal year for me as I was able to harvest not only a doe but two bucks and one of those was my PB to date with any weapon. Im currently in the process of turning a shed into a house so I won’t be on much the next couple of weeks but I’ll do my best to check in everyday. I can’t wait to get to know you all and and enjoys yalls success with you. Let’s get this party started!

9. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Wisconsin Buckwatch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking In, I'm from Wisconsin. I'll be hunting in Wisconsin, and Indiana this fall. I'm looking forward to getting this season started. Also looking forward to sharing this season with team 4! I hunt mainly public land, but I do have one chunk of family land that's around 8o acres in central Wisconsin.

Shocker99, Blarney22 and Westfinger like this.
  10. goldtipxt

goldtipxt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in from MD and I’ll be hunting my home state of VA. All public land.

11. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I’m not on your team but I’m glad you made it.

12. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey all - Finally had a few minutes so thought I’d share a bit more about my upcoming season.

This year will be a relatively slow year for me, I won’t be traveling out of state so I’ll be focused primarily here in Illinois. I have a larger property down in West Central Illinois which is probably my best shot at an older deer. I also have three other properties here in Northern Illinois close to where I live where I’ll be spending a fair amount of time as well.

I do have a fair number of mature deer that I’ve gotten trail cam pics of this year, and for those of you that watched the show episode with the giant that Justin and I messed up on last year during late season I am pretty sure he is still alive as well. My son is eight years old this year and we will also be after his first deer and he can’t wait.

Good luck to everybody and I’m looking forward to a great season!

13. Westfinger

Dislikes Received:
    Good deal, I like the looks of our team. I see we have a few killers who haven't checked in yet but those are familiar names. I think we will be good to go.

Suppose to be a little cooler today so I'm going to run over to the lease and put out a few more cameras and pull a couple cards. I did talk to one of the neighbors who has a couple really good bucks running around. Hopefully they make it across the road and come hang out at my lease.

Shocker99 likes this.
  14. Blarney22

Dislikes Received:
    Just a little bit about myself. I live and hunt in WI, I hunt a private 40 and occasionally wander onto some surrounding public. I have been on a bit of a buck drought the last few year, I always get great pictures of big bucks so they are around. We have plenty of does around so I am usually good for doe points at a min. Hoping everyone has a safe and successful deer season.

15. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This is the other nice buck I have. He only makes himself known at night (so far). I am going to be adding a few more cameras this weekend on the property to try and figure out where he is coming from. We're guessing across the road.
    [​IMG]

16. Westfinger

Dislikes Received:
    That’s awesome Greg, how about a picture of your PB when you get a chance.

hunterman927 likes this.
  17. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    Okay, got some service so I thought I’d share some pics from last year. This was my first ever deer with a recurve. 4F31145F-3651-4F4B-87E6-00F0E155D9E5.jpeg And of coarse my second deer was the doe
    79C311D4-F058-4391-A09D-A20B069DFC83.jpeg
    and finally on October 29th I was able to harvest my biggest to date with the recurve D6B1F1F2-6916-45CD-B8BE-3B0FBBD96C43.jpeg I do have a couple bucks from last year that I hope show back up 138EB7AC-7432-47E9-BF35-AFBB9FF46867.png 84672B34-8CB2-4CBD-98FA-77239E4EB0EB.jpeg E9BDF709-06C7-4DCA-A81D-4556E06A6338.jpeg

18. Westfinger

Dislikes Received:
    That’s a nice buck Kristen. Hopefully you will see more of him during the day light when the time is right.

I was able to get a few more cameras out today and adjusted a couple cameras. Unfortunately I had to go back into work so I didn’t get a chance to pull any cards. No big deal they can soak a little longer.
    Mast crop is looking weak.

PinkPony and hunterman927 like this.
  19. Westfinger

Dislikes Received:
    Holy $517 that’s a nice buck...

looks like you had a good year! Well done with the recurve too that’s no joke!

hunterman927 likes this.
  20. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    It was an amazing year… first time I was ever able to pattern a buck and to accomplish that with a recurve was just the icing on the cake. I don’t normally hunt with the recurve but last year my compound blew up a week before season started so I was forced to use it or not hunt. Here’s the aftermath of that. 2632B0F6-FC74-48CD-96FD-47C813E28C17.jpeg The first morning I shot a doe right in the booty, it was mine and her fault lol. As I shot she was quartering away and turned real fast facing straight away. That drove me to do better and really pick my shots as the recurve is much more slower than the ol Mathews.

LittleChief likes this.