The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Funny wife and I had that conversation last night. Moving to the lake was the best thing we could have done. We have weekends where the kids come over, bring their friends and have a good time. That would have not happened if we were still at the ranch. The bunkbeds are for my grandson and his brother it is their bedroom at the lake. I may grumble but I am ten ply soft when my wife wants something.

2. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Any of you third shifter ever get that insomnia crap every few months? It's like I get two or 3 days of good sleep and my body then stores up the sleep and then says, "f you I'm not sleeping well for a couple days". I've prob slept like 7 hrs since mon night and I'm up. Misery. Time to fish I guess.

dnoodles and Bone Head Hunter like this.
  3. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yea that happens to me every once in awhile.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I work conventional hours and I get the same thing, sucks to get up on a Saturday morning and have to wait 4 hours for the grocery store to open.

5. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You do not need to be a shift worker. ALL my life I have had sleep issues, unfortunately my son is the same. Ever notice the time on some of my posts? I never get more than 4-5 hours a night. Rarely able to sleep before 1-2 a.m. When I was young that made my being a night club manager and bartender perfect.
    After the kids were born it got worse and I got into a cycle of no sleep for 2-3 days straight. Thank God that stopped after a few years.

6. slickbilly-d

slickbilly-d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I used to take pride in my sleeping abilities. When switching from day shift to nights, I could stay up until two am and then sleep 14 hours and be ready to go for nights. I would never wake up, and if I did, it was just to roll over. Now, I’m lucky to get a solid 6 hours. If I run two or three miles after work, it’s even worse. I hate not sleeping well. I couldn’t imagine having insomnia and only getting two or three hours per night

7. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Better fill/top off them gas tanks this weekend, gas is going to spike as it looks more and more likely a major hurricane is going to impact the northern gulf coast early next week.

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Daughter texted me last night telling me to buy gas, she said when fuel prices go up at the coop retail gas prices follow in the next days, she said it went up 7 cents a gallon.

9. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be topping off tonight after work. Right now signs are pointing towards LA, so they'll be evacuating the oil rigs in the Gulf soon.

Hopefully it isn't another Katrina scenario

10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My wife was going to drive to town to top off last night, I said you are going to drive 10 minutes to town each way to save $2.50?

ash d likes this.
  11. fowcbler

fowcbler Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I wouldn't be concerned with the savings, so much as I would knowing tanks are full so I don't got to worry about getting stuck in the lines after the fact when tank gets dry, or even worse not being able to fill up from stations running out due to the mass onslaught of people rushing to the stations after the media warns of gas shortages again.
    We are due up for another surge in gas prices anyway. Got to start pushing publics threshold again to make that move of electric vehicles on the road rise.

12. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Other than a rare occasion, I haven't worked 3rds in over 17 years. Even if I get up at 5am, I still rarely get sleepy until the next 1-2am, and am usually going on 4-5 hours of sleep with maybe a 15 min nap every day until I get one good 8 hour sleep or a good hour-long nap in on Saturday and Sunday. Rinse, repeat.

Looks like 2 years of working 3rds in my early 20s ruined my sleep patterns for life.

13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    There are not gas lines in Upsala Minnesota.

14. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    oldnotdead, cantexian and Sota like this.
  15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Son of a blow torch, was going to pull the boat out and put the new cover on. Before today we received 1.4" of rain since Friday it rained again today and will tomorrow as well. I wanted to get the boat out and drained now I am going to have to pump it out before I move it.:rant:

16. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Dropped a handheld scanner a year ago and the antenna snapped off. Finally got around to sending it in for non warranty repair last week. Uniden site says 3-5 week turn around and expect longer wait times due to Covid. Once received they'll log it in to their system and you can track its progress.

They received it last Thursday, checked daily for the tracking info and nothing shows up. Receive an email from FedEx Tuesday saying my package will be delivered Friday. It's from Uniden.

Still no confirmation that they received or repaired it. Check has not posted on my account yet.

I mailed it USPS in a bubble envelope, thinking that may have been a mistake. At the time I thought it would be sufficient, I've received many a fragile item in such packaging and no damage.

I have no idea what I am about to receive tomorrow. Kind of stumped on it being returned via FedEx rather than returned to sender as damaged in transit if that was the case.

All it needed was the threaded antenna connector on the unit replaced. $79.95 flat fee with $10 return shipping, I couldn't find a parts list to find the part I needed for a DIY fix.

5 day turn around has me nervous :lol:

17. Nick Lewandowski

Nick Lewandowski Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe they got it and decided to give you a new one instead?

18. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Doubt it, purchased in Oct. 2018 and only 1 year warranty.

Had thought, err daydreamed they found the repair so easy and cheap they did it on the house but not expecting that.

My guess is batch deposits and check has not been deposited or I shipped it in the wrong packaging and I'll get a condolence card with my check and pile of rubble :lol:

Either way, the fault is all mine as I damaged and shipped it both.

19. Nick Lewandowski

Nick Lewandowski Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Haha well there is always a chance you got the one intern who didn't feel like doing anything and said lets just replace it.
    I know it sounds ridiculous but it just might happen!

cls74 likes this.
  20. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'll find out tomorrow hopefully