Mini sticks

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Ashley Adams, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Ashley Adams

Ashley Adams Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    In the market for mini sticks. Have had full length hawk helium’s which I have loved just want shorter sticks. Reviews are terrible on the minis..trying not to spend a fortune and I know I get what I pay for but would you guys use xop or hawk? And does anyone know if I can put double steps on the tops of the xop sticks?

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

2. mhouck06

mhouck06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I can't speak for XOP or Hawk minis. I do have the short LWCG gear sticks with cable aiders and they are solid! I would highly recommend.

THEHUNTERPUSHSTIXSGUY likes this.
  3. Ashley Adams

Ashley Adams Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They were sold out last I checked but I’ll look into them again! Thank you! I’m a procrastinator lol

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

mhouck06 likes this.
  4. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I picked up trophyline sticks after using the full length hawks the past two seasons. I haven't hunted with them yet, but, I am impressed with the sticks during practice climbs.

5. alenhard15

alenhard15 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    XOP mini ultra series doubles are amazing. Unfortunately they have a recall out for them right now due to some step wobble that I dont believe to be a saftey issue, once they are re released i would highly recomend them. The single steps are still available and work great, I believe you would be able to mount a double step on the top.

6. Brian811

Brian811 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Novix has mini sticks with double steps now.

7. Rustystud

Rustystud Newb

Dislikes Received:
    The Novix/Trophyline double step mini sticks were my choice last year. Multiple hunts. I made the following mods: 6' 1/4" amsteel rope hitches, 18" cable aiders. With 5 sticks I can easily reach 20'. I am 67 years old and have short legs. I bought two sets of 4 sticks. Now looking for 2 more sticks so I will have 2 sets of 5 sticks. I have been very pleased with the Novix double step mini sticks. MidwayUSA did have them for $229.00 for 4 sticks.

cantexian likes this.
  8. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    one word ...... Skeletors .....

for more height, I use a two step aider on the lower stick, I use 4 sticks and the aider .....

9. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know what you're budget is but I know the Trophy Lines are rock solid for the price. No moving parts or fiddle factor and have double steps.

However, I would really recommend waiting and looking at the new Latitude carbons. 19oz a stick and the three pack is only 239 dollars. They might be a killer option.

On the higher end, You can't beat Beast mini's or EWO sticks. Their stand offs are the gold standard in climbing sticks.

10. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have the beast minis and love but they are a little pricey. A buddy of mine just bought the skeletors from tethrd and he likes them a lot. Has an aider for the bottom and carries a couple of those outdoor edge single steps just in case wants to get a tad higher