HHA Tetra Single Pin Sight

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by JHasty, Jul 14, 2021.

1. JHasty

JHasty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Question for anyone that’s shoots the HHA Tetra single pin. I currently shoot the DS-5519 (one that has the knob). When I got it it said I could sight it in using the 20/40 method or the 20/60 with the 20/60 being the more accurate of the two. My question is are all of the HHA sights the same as far as sighting in? Would I be able to do the 20-40 method with the Tetra. Wanting to upgrade because I’m having issues mounting my quiver with the one I got. Thanks in advance

2. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    call HHA and ask... I used a blank tape and marked my own... its on mine now ... closer to season, I'll put a actual tape on .. I'll line up my marks with a tape ... for hunting, I'm a 40 yd guy and under for deer .. I do like the sight ..

JHasty likes this.
  3. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Yes - it's the same sight-in process for all HHA sights. 20/60 definitely returns better results, but 20/40 will work with your Tetra.

JHasty likes this.
  4. JHasty

JHasty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Justin! I usually do the 20/60 but I like getting it sighted in using the 20/40 and figuring out my sight tape and then fine tuning using the 20/60. I was worried that I would not be able to use the 20/40 with the Tetra but your answer is what I was looking for. Thanks again!

5. JHasty

JHasty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the input 0317. I am about the same as you with distances. I live here in Georgia and I hunt mostly wooded areas where I am only shooting 30 to 40 yards max. Before buying my single pin I shot a 5 pin but I like the fact with my HHA I can dial it in to the exact yardage and not have to shoot pin gaps. I love the sight I have now but I am having issues with being able to mount my quiver so that's why I was looking to upgrade to the Tetra.

6. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ive been a single pin bowhunter for over 20yrs ... quality of the sights are sure better than my 'ol Sightmaster ... I leave it at 25 or 27 yds, I drop 8" at 40 yds, that means holding level on a deers back and drilling it ... no adjustment needed, esp. 33yds and under which is the max kill distance with a 25/27 yds setting .. if there is time, I'll move it, but that happens very seldom ..

JHasty likes this.
  7. goldtipxt

goldtipxt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    20/60 if you plan on shooting further out but 20/40 is fine if your within 40 obviously

JHasty likes this.