Sometimes I feel like I live in the dumbest state (Virginia)

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Finch, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    BUT....CHANGE may be coming. :) Looks like there is some upcoming legislation, if passed, will allow us Virginians to posess the sacred shed antler.

I wonder if anyone actually enforces this law?

2. DoePeeSteve

DoePeeSteve Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

3. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly

Here you go...

A. The following shall be unlawful

10. To hunt, trap, take, capture, kill, attempt to take, capture or kill, possess, deliver for transportation, transport, cause to be transported, by any means whatever, receive for transportation or export, or import, at any time or in any manner, any wild bird or wild animal or the carcass or any part thereof, except as specifically permitted by law and only by the manner or means and within the numbers stated. However, the provisions of this section shall not be construed to prohibit the (i) use or transportation of legally taken turkey carcasses, or portions thereof, for the purposes of making or selling turkey callers or , (ii) the manufacture or sale of implements, including, but not limited to, tools or utensils, made from legally harvested deer skeletal parts, including antlers, or (iii) the possession of shed antlers.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  4. fatsbucknut

fatsbucknut Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

5. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's what I'm seeing too... Donnie had a blond moment... :D

they are however increasing the speed limit to 70mph on our interstates in rural areas... thats pretty awesome.

6. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    LOL...I was having a blonde moment but I was still right. :) The way I see it, sheds are ILLEGAL to possess, right now.

What I posted was the proposed legislation not the current law. I should have read it more clearly but here is a link that may better explain it.

http://www.richmondsunlight.com/bill/2010/hb1283/fulltext/

7. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    B. Notwithstanding any other provision of this article, any American Indian, who produces verification that he is an enrolled member of a tribe recognized by the Commonwealth, another state or the U.S. government, may possess, offer for sale or sell to another American Indian, or offer to purchase or purchase from another American Indian, parts of legally obtained fur-bearing animals, nonmigratory game birds, and game animals, except bear. Such legally obtained parts shall include antlers, hooves, feathers, claws and bones.

WHY do we continue to have laws that are RACE based? Why do we have such puss bag judges that actually entertain race based laws? Funny how we have laws that say we cannot discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, country of origin....yet we can make race based laws and people actually think that is ok?

I put that in pink because it is well.....weak

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  8. Focnr

Focnr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wow that's really stupid. I hope they make it legal for ya!