G5 Montec versus Muzzy One

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by JHasty, Jun 9, 2021.

1. JHasty

JHasty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wanting to switch to a fixed head this year and cant decide on a certain brand but I have been looking closely at the G5 Montec and Muzzy One. I am trying to get some pros and cons from anyone who may have used or is currently using one of the two. Mainly wanting input on accuracy, how well they are made and hold up, and sharpness. Also did you have any issues sharpening them after use and what was the best way you found to resharpen them

2. Bowhuntr64

Bowhuntr64 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've shot both of them quite a bit. I have a formal test vid on the Muzzy One, on my YouTube Channel: Lusk Archery Adventures. Just search "Muzzy One & Lusk" on YouTube and it should come up.
    They're both similar, but I prefer the Muzzy One of the two. But honestly, you can do just as well, or even better, with the Deepower Fixed Blade head--the single piece construction head, from Amazon. They cost about 1/3 the price of either of the others and are every bit as good. Check out my Vid Test of those as well.
    But for a good 3 blade head, I prefer the Exodus. It's MUCH better than the G5 and the Muzzy One. It's much more durable--even held up fine to concrete and steel flat bar, and the blades are extremely sharp/durable and replaceable as well. It flies and penetrates and holds up as well as either of those other two--and it has a 1 1/4" cut vs 1 1/8". I consider it the best "all round" fixed blade head in the normal price range on the market. I have a vid test of it that I will be posting soon, but I've taken well over 50 animals with it already, and it's always performed well. And it's not like I'm a "fan boy"; I use a lot of different heads, but the Exodus is just hard to beat.

dstouffer and JHasty like this.
  3. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Lusk answered well, but if your bow can't shoot either head equally accurately there's something wrong with your bow. Both are tiny equilaterally profiled heads that should be unaffected by wind planing or shear.

They also leave teeny tiny little holes.

JHasty likes this.
  4. JHasty

JHasty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the input Lusk. I have watched your videos on youtube and have subscribed. As far as the resharpening of the Exodus heads. Can you use some type of flat stone or would I need to buy a certain style of sharpener