I've got to get on the ball!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by kjstaudt86, Jun 7, 2021.

1. kjstaudt86

kjstaudt86 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Have yet to sling an arrow this off-season, have yet to deploy a camera, and don't have any of the bow stands set up yet. All will change this Saturday as I finally get a day to head to the lease!

Who else is in the same boat with me lol!?

dnoodles and oldnotdead like this.
  2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I've shot a couple of arrows, but not many.

I have some cameras up somewhere, but they're all dead and all my cell cams are turned off.

Stands are still up from last year. Some will stay, some will be moved.

Haven't done a lick of food plot work.

Not worried too much about it. I'll figure it all out between now and October. And if I don't, I'll still go hunting anyways.

3. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I try to sling six sets a day with the recurve, only missed a couple due to rain or time constraints. Land improvements, I'm so far behind that it'll be easier to let it regress back to CRP. Probably just going to fill feeders this year and play the lazy mans game to attracting deer, take the azz chewing from the wife regarding the "feed" bill.

Edit; I've taken enough azz chewings this year. probably turn the ground over ,>2 acres, in July an plant up a fall plot of clover, kale, peas, turnips and cereal rye.

4. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't shot yet either. I'm wanting to get a new set of strings on the bow, a new target, and some new FMJ's. I haven't scouted and no cameras for me.

5. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I moved 2 stands to a new foods plot and I'm all dialed in. I just need to spray my beans when they get big enough to handle it. I'm putting out cameras in a few weeks. I plan to over seed my beans with penatrator radishes in August but other than that I'll be out of the woods by late July.

6. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I’m way behind on moving my stands but at least I know where I want to move them to. Haven’t shot much at all either. Cameras have been out since March. Have only checked one since a big tree almost fell on it. It should change the deer movement there. Got to get it back up there.

7. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Haven't
    Done
    Jack
    Crap

will probably change a bit this weekend. I will at least hit the range one day if forecast holds up.

kjstaudt86 likes this.
  8. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'll probably go look at my bowcase in the basement...mumble that I should be shooting it...and then proceed to do other more pressing things.

This should repeat till at least mid July

Okiebob and kjstaudt86 like this.
  9. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I’m with ya, I don’t even have a bow to shoot. Just got the call yesterday that it finally came in, going to pick it up tonight and get it all setup. I got mineral sites out with a cell cam on the one, but that’s it. Still have time, I don’t worry as much as I did in the past. The deer will still do what they do and I’ll still get after em, I would like to get my plots ready soon tho.

kjstaudt86 likes this.
  10. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ha! I get any farther behind I'll be in 2022 and missed the entire season .......

11. OK/Sooner

OK/Sooner Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'll start all of mine about mid August. But not a second before. It's lake season!

12. Berwickbuckmaster

Berwickbuckmaster Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Betweeen Work ( OT ), Side job ( mowing grass ), family and extra curricular activities I haven't done a single thing hunting related. I've NEVER went this late into the year without a SINGLE camera put out.

I hear ya buddy, let's get moving!!

kjstaudt86 likes this.
  13. kjstaudt86

kjstaudt86 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    you stay on them fish buddy!

14. bogob

bogob Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, hadn't been on here in a long time. Goin to try and post more in the future. Nothing I like better than talking bowhuntin. Hope y'all had good luck last season. Shot a nice 8 point but shot him high, clean passthrough .saw him again on camera he's fine. Bought an Elite enlist last December, really like the bow. Any Elite shooters on here, I'd like to hear your thoughts on them.

Swamp Stalker likes this.
  15. jstephens61

jstephens61 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty much shooting every day. Need to get some cameras up in a different location. Been a good year for staying ready, just need to get some extra fat off before Wyoming kills me in September.

16. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Been shooting my E32 for years now...honestly not even sure what year I purchased it as a one year old bow off of someone. I've shot the Kure and nearly purchased one, just isn't worth the money with my E32 killing deer just fine and instead bought some cameras and new strings for the 32 instead.

17. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    due to reasons beyond my control (work/155 days straight with doubles in there too) I could not get out to do my regular late winter/early spring scouting .. my goal this years was to find several new stand locations as idots invaded a few of my fav spots on the state lands I hunt, I never got the chance to do my usual spring trimming either so, I'll have to check things out come squirrel season in Aug. .... as for the bow, I am now into BH tuning and am picking which head will be my go to head this season.... I just ordered a pack of the 100 gr. Rad 4 blades to try, so it will be those, Wicked Tricks, Striker X and Wac 'em 4 blades (all 100 grs) to test... the most consistant/accurate/hitting with FP's head will get the nod ....

18. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Got 3 cameras out at the end of March and got the rest of them out 2 weeks ago. Stands need to be moved and arrows need to be shot.

Practiced a bit before turkey season, but mainly just to see if I could still hit the target at 20 yards.

19. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am way behind the curve this year. I think and am good to go now and ready to get started.
    Met with the landowner at one spot this week. He is mowing the plot for me next week. I will spray and then till it under the following week. Plant it the next week.
    I need to hang 2 stands there. One will be just off the power line where the creek passes and one off the edge of the food plot I am planting.
    I have 2 to hang at my main property and I need to put in some fence posts and fix some down fencing.
    One stand to hang at the third property just off the creek.

20. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a pile of mineral blocks, clover plot seed and other related items still sitting in the same spot I put them in several months ago. Cell cams are still in their late season locations and I have a few more cameras out that I'm hoping I can remember where I put them all.
    I was doing great shooting the bow every day in the basement until I tore my labrum.
    This is probably the worst my pre season prep has ever been. Its not ideal but like it was already said I will still be out there when the time comes.