Political venting

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Artem256, Jun 1, 2019.

1. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    People that claim climate change is undeniable science yet can't decide how many genders there are?:lmao2:

oldnotdead and cantexian like this.
  3. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Another part to that is simple to me...dont tell me what to do. If you look like a man I will call you as such and vice versa. If you politely correct me and tell me you are a diff gender I will respect you and call you by that gender. If you come out swinging and tell me that I have to call you this or that or else, well then F off I'm not doing it. We are losing our way as Americans with a big bunch of cry babies running around making these crazy rules of life. F off.

4. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    He never was sharp. Not at any point of his life.
    If DC was a block of timber, it would be one in which nobody has managed for beneficial species for quite some time, but one in which every member of the nearest town protects the Gum and Chinaberry from much needed cutting and diesel application.

oldnotdead likes this.
  5. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not my write up, just copied and pasted...

June 4th, 2019 marks the 15th anniversary of the Killdozer's rampage through Granby, Colorado.

Sit down kids, and let me tell you a tale. A tale about a reasonable man driven to do unreasonable things.

Marvin Heemeyer was a man who owned a muffler shop in Granby, Colorado. The city council ordained to approve the construction of a concrete factory in the lot across from Marvin's shop. In the process, this blocked the only access road to the muffler shop. Marvin petitioned to stop the construction to no avail. He petitioned to construct a new access road, and even bought the heavy machinery to do so himself. Denied.

The concrete factory went up in disregard to the ramifications on Marvin's business. To add insult to injury, the factory construction disconnected the muffler shop from the city sewage lines. An indifferent city government then chose to fine Marvin for this.

His business and livelihood were in ruin. Rather than lie down and die, Marvin chose to fight back. Over the course of a year and a half, Marvin secretly outfitted the bulldozer he bought to save his business with 3-foot thick steel and concrete armor, camera systems, and enclosed bulletproof glass.

On June 4th, 2004 Marvin Heemeyer lowered the armored shell over top of himself, entombing himself inside the Killdozer to make his last stand.

He burst forth from the walls of his muffler shop and straight into the concrete factory that ruined his business. Over the course of the next several hours, Marvin drove his Killdozer through 13 buildings owned by those officials that had wronged him, including the city council building itself.

SWAT teams swarmed the dozer, but it proved immune to small arms fire and even explosives. Another piece of heavy machinery was even brought out to fight the Killdozer, but it too fell to the dozers righteous fury.

In the end, Marvin's Killdozer became trapped in one of the buildings it was built to destroy. Marvin chose to take his life, the only life he took that day.

Today, we celebrate Killdozer Day and Marvin Heemeyer, the last great American folk hero. A man driven to the brink who chose to fight back against an indifferent system.

From notes left behind after his passing:
    "I was always willing to be reasonable until I had to be unreasonable. Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."

HAPPY KILLDOZER DAY!

FB_IMG_1622824394488.jpg

oldnotdead, ash d, 0317 and 5 others like this.
  6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    How's that building back better going Joe, 2 months in a row forecasted job growth was not as expected falling well short. Like Barry said elections has consequences. Bet Joe could fix it with a simple majority vote with the senators or executive order.

7. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  8. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    CNN sees it as a good thing jobs numbers weren't met.

Screenshot_20210604-133748~2.png

9. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    that's coming. This morning, Manchin even when asked directly he refused to affirm his prior commitment to holding fast to the filibuster. He tap-danced quite a bit and gave a bunch of lip service to bi-partisanship but kept throwing in qualifying launguage..."not yet ready to go it alone", "I don't think now is the time to change the rules...." etc.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate...democrats-passing-infrastructure-on-their-own

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/556795-parliamentarian-changes-senate-calculus-for-biden-agenda

10. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  11. elkguide

Dislikes Received:
  12. elkguide

Dislikes Received:
  13. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This wins the internet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cantexian, oldnotdead and dnoodles like this.
  14. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I do that 2 or 3 times a night at work. Last night was welding picked my gloves up to put on, put them back down for some reason and then walked around looking for them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

15. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...fornias-assault-weapons-ban-unconstitutional/
    (Miller v. Bonta)

Story is on a few other outlets as well, but this was the most concise summary with the Judge's own statements. You can tell this Judge Benitez actually knows what the hell he's talking about in regards to not only Constitutional law but guns and gun culture...which is to say American culture. He was very articulate in detailing what is and is not a 'common use' firearm, what the 2nd Amendment actually means, and utilizes the language from SCOTUS in Heller to do so. Smart move on his part; knowing-

It is quite possible that his decision gets overturned en banc in the 9th on appeal; but *if* SCOTUS rules correctly on the pending New York State Rifle & Pistol Association Inc. v. Corlett case this summer and the 9th does overturn this Miller v. Bonta decision; it is likely that they would in turn remand or outright overturn any potential 9th Circuit actions in overturning Judge Benitez (rumored to have been on DJT's 'short list' to replace whomever SCOTUS justice would have needed replacing in DJT's second term.)

SCOTUS did just smash the 9th Circuit on an immigration-related case; ruling 9-0 against. The majority opinion was the most scathing criticism I have ever read between one Federal judiciary against another. SCOTUS made it very clear they did not appreciate 9th Circuit's complete inversion of the language of the law.

That Majority decision is worth a read, if you're a wonk like me anyway...

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...gave-asylum-previously-denied-illegal-aliens/

(Cliff's Notes Version: Hey, 9th Circuit- stop making s4it up!)

16. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  17. elkguide

Dislikes Received:
  18. elkguide

Dislikes Received:
  19. elkguide

Dislikes Received: