Who here gets the virus first?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Hotrod9

Hotrod9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'd be looking for a new school district.

dprsdhunter likes this.
  2. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Unfortunately, I can not move too far since my in-laws are getting old and in poor health. My wife and I are the only support they have so options are limited.

3. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, I am not looking forward to flying for our vacation this summer. I don't mind the actual flying part. But, I hate all the hassle of going through airports. If we were not travelling so far, I would rather drive.

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Restaurant in Atlanta does not have menus because of "covid" I was told to down load their ap to see a menu, I told the bartender that that was the dumbest thing I heard, I will take my business elsewhere.

virginiashadow and Hotrod9 like this.
  5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So before I learned about no menus I had ordered a cocktail and the bartender had charged me for 2 drinks, I gave her my card and said I ordered 1 drink you charged me for two. Her reply was I made you a double, Did I ask you for a double, did you ask me if I wanted a double? No. Then she asks me if I am having a bad day, I only have bad days when people try to take advantage of me.

6. Hotrod9

Hotrod9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    We better start getting used to it. they are just going to start charging double prices for a single and say "covid made this happen" nothing we can do about it. I am already anticipating many places will be doing this and I'm going to walk out the door and say good luck.

7. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    One I went to had a QR code you scanned with your phone, it was pretty easy and my family survived the hellish nightmare of no menus.

8. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So this was my first mention of it back on March 25, 2020.

Was met with, "But will it cost more than a cruise line bailout?" and "So people will make a little more money while they are out of work, who cares."

Since that time, 1 year, 1 month and 12 days later, Trump did not bail out the cruise lines, but they are set to reopen for US launches this Summer, I imagine their hands will extend at that time, will Biden bail them out?

And to the latter, Who cares? I imagine it is the thousands of businesses across the country who have finally been allowed to reopen at full capacity but cannot because the lazy and overly paid now do not want to work anymore because it is much more beneficial to suck the government teet, even for a little less in some rare occurrences.

Mostly we have weeded out the negatively impacted employees from the lazy do nothings. It's time to get back to work, end the enhancement for anyone that has been offered their job back and refused.

Here we have restaurants that are carry out only, not by some order, but because they cannot staff their establishment in order to serve patrons because no one wants to come back to work.

It was clear from the start what was going to happen, yet the naysayers said it would not.

9. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Idk.. beats eating bugs. Maybe he left his partial skull face bandana at home that day.

10. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Restaurants around here started doing that a couple years ago. Given how much print shops charge you to print menus, keeping them clean ect... It makes total sense.

11. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My sister and I were talking about the restaurant woes today. She manages a high end catering service and has had some employee loss but has managed. With some that left her it was bc they were already working on getting a better job anyway, college and trade school people. But she has the type of business that culinary industry people stay with if it's their true profession, except waitstaff is and always be a revolving door. Her friend owns a couple fast food franchises and has had to close two of his stores down due to lack of employees. A lot of them went to work for Amazon, Costco and Walmart bc unemployment benefits were not going to cut it. Plus other jobs opened up that had better hours, pay and benefits. I dont know how the housing market is where you are but new construction here is booming and they'll hire just about anyone. So it has been my sister's friends experience that most of his employees found better jobs than flipping burger and rolling burritos. As far as new hires, non existent. Seems that the high school kids these jobs were meant for just do not want to work at fast food places. We have a Burger King and a Sonic by our office that are temporarily closed due to the lack of employees. Now my younger sister has super poor taste in men, I think its some kinda residual from my parents divorce but she has a loser of a boyfriend riding the unemployment benefits till they run out. It irritates me but... good, honest, hard working people will fill the jobs he can get before he gets off his lazy worthless ass and when those benefits run out he will be left with the leftovers, rightfully so. I dont agree with extending any benefits, enough is enough but looking at the silver lining I'm happy that no employer will have to go through wasting the money training him only to have to turn around and fire him a week later. Those that ride this out to very end will have made a statement to any future employer.

12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I was traveling on my own in a restaurant in an airport that I will never go to again even if I was not pissed. For a restaurant to not either provide a menu or post one is dumb, even fast food gets it.

13. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    IMO, this was the goal from the start in hopes of forcing a $15 min. wage. I believe it is Philadelphia that rewtaraunta there have caved to theasses not wanting to return to work and upped their starting pay to $15 per hour.

Still have 4 3/4 more months of the $300 bonus to go. During that time many more small businesses are going to close their doors for good and the jobs won't be there any longer for the to go back to, then their will be a second push and cram through for an extension of the bonus. As they do that they will create the narrative as to why the min. wage must be raised. The current wage is racist and compounds the situation with climate change.

Have a friend here who manages a pizza joint/bar, also partnered with another guy starting a new restaurant just as the shut downs began. He says employees being called back say they are making more now and will call him back when it runs out.

Then when Governor's like Pritzker used emergency powers to negate requirements of unemployment and put a hold on expiration of benefits you didn't even need to be laid off or terminated to file.

This wasn't an unforseen consequence of the "good intentions" of it, this result is the orchestrated intent of it and a reason why the Dems snuck it into a rushed "stimulus relief" bill.

oldnotdead likes this.
  14. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think all this is going to do is really highlight the need and pave the way for automation. Pretty sure they already have a robot that can microwave and/or flip a burger. Just start looking for that tech start up, Skynet

15. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Okiebob, dnoodles and 0317 like this.
  16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Pissed this morning about the stupid mask mandate (not feeling very pro life this morning Germ) Minnesota is surrounded by states that have no mask mandate the death total from covid in those states is within 1% of what Minnesota is. The masks do not prevent a damn thing, just stop it.

cantexian and Hotrod9 like this.
  17. axtell343

Dislikes Received:
    cantexian, arrowflinger1 and Sota like this.
  18. axtell343

Dislikes Received:
  19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Same as any store in Rocks and Cows country in Minnesota. HWY 95 is the line drawn in Minnesota, that is the northern common sense line. Not sure where the line is in the southern part of the state.

20. axtell343

Dislikes Received:
    It’s somewheres around South Carolina. I’ve had to drive between PA and FL a lot this year, masks get progressively more common as you go farther north lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums