The Orion Syndicate (#12) - 2020 & 2021 Champions

Discussion in '2022 Deer Contest' started by tynimiller, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    All of May is turkey day!!!

Oldcarp likes this.
  2. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry for the delay. I just saw this.
    We’re planning on taking 126 East out of Eugene, then Interstates 20, 84 then 80.

On another note, I swear I will never make another trip to a city in a west coast state. These people are insane.

3. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    Nice! Congratulations!!

4. Oldcarp

Oldcarp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    On another note, I swear I will never make another trip to a city in a west coast state. These people are insane.[/QUOTE

I think both west and east coast cities are a big pain to drive in. Then again I’m not much of a city person. As far as being crazy I can see that:eek2:

LittleChief likes this.
  5. Oldcarp

Dislikes Received:
    You’ll be coming thru Northern Utah it sounds like. I live a hour and a half south of Salt Lake City.

LittleChief likes this.
  6. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, we should be going right through Salt Lake City.

BTW, it’s Hwy 20, not I 20.

We’re in a very nice hotel in Bend, Oregon right now. This is the first hotel I’ve ever stayed at where there was draft beer at the check in desk

Very nice.

Oldcarp likes this.
  7. Oldcarp

Dislikes Received:
    I was born in central Oregon. I lived in Bend for a couple years when I was young. Good luck with your travels.

LittleChief likes this.
  8. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My son raced Junior Nationals (road bicycle) in Bend several years ago. We rented a house there for a couple of weeks and loved it. I always tell my friends that the town looks like a movie set. The city crews were literally edging the sidewalks and streets. Great climate. The beer, wine and food scene there is also amazing. You can snow ski in the morning and golf in the afternoon after catching a few trout out of the Deschutes River. I hope to make it back there some day. I saw some huge mule deer on the golf courses and lots of quail and deer in the mountains where our house was.

LittleChief and Oldcarp like this.
  9. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    It was a beautiful city. Much better than the one I’m in now: Mountain Home, Idaho.

Oldcarp and fletch920 like this.
  10. Oldcarp

Dislikes Received:
    I am headed up to Jerome tomorrow. To help my son move. Southern Idaho is not the most picturesque place. The snake River Gorge is though. If you have a chance to go over it is Pretty majestic.

LittleChief likes this.
  11. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with you about southern Idaho.

We drove across the Snake River today but it was on I-84. It was still beautiful though. Those dry desolate, uninhabitable mountains at the Idaho/Wyoming border are also beautiful in their own way.

I’ll stick with the Missouri Ozarks though.

We’re in a hotel in Cheyenne, Wyoming now. It’s my first time ever going through Wyoming. Then again, I’ve been to more countries than I have American states.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    Oldcarp likes this.
  12. Oldcarp

Dislikes Received:
    When we go out to Kansas we go over to I-70 and thru Colorado. It is a little shorter and a lot more prettier than I-80.
    We have spent a night in Cheyenne before and also Laramie because the snow had closed I-80.
    I am more of a mountain person but the Ozarks are a beautiful place also.

13. Brett Smith

Brett Smith Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just received confirmation I am now a pro staff member for Wyndscent. So excited!

14. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    How long had you been using their products?

15. Brett Smith

Dislikes Received:
    Im thinking two years now. The 2.0 cartridge with Roger Radlin 150 is what I have used. The calming P7 is what i will be trying though.

LittleChief and tynimiller like this.
  16. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just as someone who isn't a fan of pro-staff's. Speak only to what you can on behalf of products you've used - be a good one, not a normal one. Best of luck, I've used some wyndscent products as I won some once...but not a scent guy personally so never re-purchased any of them.

17. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    I've been back home for four days now. It took us five days of hard work to get my daughter Sandy and her husband Ryan all packed up and loaded into the POD they are using, get the house cleaned and ready and then get the vehicles ready and loaded.

The trip started off on a bad note. Ryan's family was not happy at all about him leaving. I knew that before I went there. What I didn't know was just how bad the goodbyes, if you can call them that, would be. I'm not going to go into details, but it broke my heart to see Ryan's reaction to his father getting in his car with just a glance over his shoulder to say to them "You two have a nice life".

The drive itself was pretty much uneventful all the way from Eugene, Oregon to Cheyenne, Wyoming. Then it got worse.

I got up Friday morning in my room in Cheyenne, showered and had just made a cup of coffee when my daughter texted me and said they were calling for snow. I grabbed my phone, pulled up the Weather Channel and looked at the radar. Yep, snow, and it was almost on us. Looking at the radar it looked like we would only have to drive 30-45 minutes to get out of the path of it.

I called my daughter and asked if they were ready. She said that Ryan was still in the shower, so I told her to tell him I said he's finished and we had to leave now.

Ten minutes later we were tossing our stuff along with their two dogs in the vehicles and it was already starting to snow. The winds were blasting at 50+ mph. We got in the vehicles, went across the street, gassed up and headed out with me driving in the lead in my son in law's 2 wheel drive F-150. Ryan and my daughter were in the car behind me and I told them to keep some distance between us just in case something went sideways.

The snow picked up just as we got on I-80 and it was blowing sideways. It was after first light so the visibility wasn't too bad. There was practically no traffic so we made best time out of there.

About 35 minutes later the snow let up. It flurried again a few times but we made it out before anything got hazardous.

About 7:00 pm Friday we stopped at another daughter's house near Whiteman AFB in Missouri. I said the trip went from bad to worse. Well, the worse part was a long run in with my other son in law. Again, I won't go into any details about the encounter. All I'll say is that it really hurts to have someone you care about turn on you so violently and it has really kind of left me depressed and a little disturbed.

I just drove my wife to the airport in St. Louis yesterday. She flew to Virginia to spend a couple of weeks with our son. I'm kind of glad because I could use some time all to myself to sort through everything that's happened.

18. Oldcarp

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry LittleChief

LittleChief likes this.
  19. farmer rick

farmer rick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry for you too Little Chief. Just do the best you can.

Your not alone with family trouble, wife and I are having problems with our middle son and his gf.

LittleChief likes this.
  20. Brett Smith

Dislikes Received:
    Little Chief, I beleive the entire 12 team is sending you nothing but positive prayers and wishing you the best. Family issues suck the life out of a person. Be strong and yet forgiving as all will correct itself.