Iowa Zone 9 public land

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by LuckyBuck 26, Apr 14, 2021.

1. LuckyBuck 26

LuckyBuck 26 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Will be coming Iowa to archery deer hunt in first week of November as I got 4pts so assuming I will draw a tag. Been looking at zone 9 as possibly. I did some scouting last weekend and found some good spots on public. Just afraid there might be lots of pressure. Looking for some input if zone 9 public is a good choice pr if a different zone choice would be better.

2. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No firsthand experience with pressure therr, but I would scout as many places as possible so you have spots to fall back on if pressure is an issue. Good luck

3. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I hunted Zone 9 public in 2019. The pressure was very light compared to what I've contended with in IL, WI, and KY. There are still people around, but they aren't too hard to get away from. I never saw another bowhunter in the field while I was hunting, or had another bowhunter in the same parking lot I was in.

During October the pressure was a lot lighter than it was come November. However, it's still very tolerable and doesn't seem to affect the quality of hunting. I saw deer every time I went out and had an opportunity at a nice buck on my last hunt of the year. I would definitely go back in the future.

Here are some videos of my season. One scouting and two hunts.

Scouting -
    Hunt 1 -
    Hunt 2 -

That last video is a painful one to rewatch. Bad memories! lol

4. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I predict pressure will increase there.