Martin Mossy Oak Eliminator

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by McPhee, Sep 18, 2016.

1. McPhee

McPhee Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I picked up a new in the box Martin built Mossy Oak Eliminator at a yard sale that the seller said cost $350 new. I paid $125 for it. It still had the zip ties from packaging on it.

What can anyone tell me about the bow? I shoot a Diamond Liberty and purchased the bow for my son-in-law. The package says it is user adjustable for both draw length and draw weight. It said it was adjustable to 70 pounds. It says it shoots at 310 FPS. The bow seems short to me with a 30 inch draw. Maybe it is built for a tree stand or blind?

Other than that does anyone have one? Good bow or not? Or should I sell it for more $ and get something else for my son-in-law?

Thanks,

Keith in Colorado

2. McPhee

McPhee Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hard to believe no one has one of these

Hard to believe that NO ONE has one of these Martin bows. I saw that they are sold at WalMart but Martin used to be one of the top manufactures of bows. So I figure somebody has one???? Forty some people have viewed the post and not one response.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

3. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think the fact that were a low end model sold at Wal-Mart turned a lot of guys off of them. Plus Martin had some trouble in recent past when their factory burned down and some issues with not being able to warranty bows because of loss of stock.

Has your son-in-law ever owned or shot a bow? These were definitely a beginner model bow. If he is completely new you might as well try to set it up for him to shoot because I doubt you will get much more than you paid given the model. You might get $150 but I am sure that is top dollar.

4. McPhee

McPhee Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks, I appreciate the advice. I have hunted with bows for 40 years and own two compounds and one long bow. I started out with a Hoyt recurve, then a Bear Take-down recurve, then an original Allen bow. My main bow now is a Diamond Liberty which I am very happy with. I have a Tred Barta longbow.

Yes, this Martin bow is for a beginning shooter. The fact that one can adjust the draw length and the draw weight with an Allen wrench makes it better to fit my son-in-law. If he doesn't use it, my 16 YO Grandson will. I have him started on an old Bear Cub right now.

Thanks again,
    Keith in Colorado

5. Zardoz80

Zardoz80 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    They're pretty new bow but extremely low end I saw them at ****'s for $299. Doesn't make them a bad bow I'm sure it will hunt fine. Martin's recent bows seem to perform good but the stock string, and their new cams don't seem to like each other. A aftermarket set of cables served properly solves that issue.

That was last year and this bow wasn't in their line-up. So just keep an eye on the servings just in case. Otherwise set it up, and let it fling arrows. I'm sure it will kill anything in north America, just not something to pimp around the archery range. lol

6. Bowhunter352941

Bowhunter352941 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    This is a little old. But let me jump on in here. I have been shooting a Martin eliminator HT for about three years now I have put new custom strings on it I have hunted with it for two seasons now and shot it for three it weighs about 5.5lbs dressed and actually really quiet. At 29 inches I’m sitting at 62 pounds shooting a 375 grain arrow at about 285 290. The stratos has come out with names on the cams (not sure which cams) but for a bow that sells around 250 now and you can find em cheaper. You really get a steal. And a bow you can hunt with for years to come. (Picked up barebow off let go for $80 in 2018. The string was off the cam. I loosened the bolts. Remounted the original strings and tuned the bow shot the original strings for a year. Now have orange n black pre Stretched bcy bowstrings and cables.

Attached Files:

7. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the forum