The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Women also like just about any man that has a lot of money.

2. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    LOL -- You guys ought to start Incel's help line.. call it babes and bullets!

Sota, Okiebob and cantexian like this.
  3. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I wonder if they have tried pulling a boner on a neighbor...?

4. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like a another BnB club to me :evilgrin:

Okiebob likes this.
  5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am so sick of the woman's US soccer team complaining about the wage gap in women's sports, let's look at the revenue gap that is why there is a wage gap woman's sports do not generate the revenue inline with what the women athletes expect to get paid.

w33kender, ash d and buzzard317 like this.
  6. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Been looking into putting one on my jeep, some of what I've been reading is saying skip putting the shims on the back axel that are supposed to fix drive shadt angle. Apparently its better if the two yokes, axle and transfer case, are parallel regardless of angle.

Sounds like coming outta front end tho so might not matter ha.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

7. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It definitely seems to be in the front.

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The dreaded death shimmy in the front after a lift, cross member stabilizer is a must. Then again my experience is 60's and 70's Scouts, not jeeps.

9. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    I believe that a new steering stabilizer was installed as part of the lift. Is cross member a different stabilizer? It is really weird because 99.9% of the time it drives perfectly. Then the shaking just randomly happens.

10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Weird stuff happens when you change up the suspension. How do the shackle bushing look? I am kidding shackles were from the leaf spring days.

11. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Almost a month and my new strings are not in for my bow at the archery shop.

12. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Use my guy next time. He builds them on site. Not far from you

13. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I’d take it to a different shop than the one that did the lift. They might’ve done something wrong with the original installation. A fresh set of eyes might notice something they missed and the original shop could be less likely to look into whether or not they f’ed up something on the original install. And I don’t necessarily mean that the original shop is trying to scam you or get out of fixing their mistake, just that it’s kind of human nature for people to often get in the mindset of “well I put it in myself and I know I did it right the first time so it has to be something else” and as a result they will miss a small mistake they previously made.

It kind of goes without saying, but with suspension work one tiny error or misalignment or backwards part can have all sorts of crazy effects that are seemingly unrelated so a dedicated suspension shop instead of a standard mechanic’s shop would probably be a good idea.

Also, I assume that after they replaced the ball joints and that tie rod end they did a laser alignment on it, correct? I am not too familiar with jerps but I know that on my car and many others you’ve gotta unhook and reconnect parts that affect suspension alignment when you change the ball joints. Also, tie rods are inherently adjustable as that is used to adjust the toe-in/toe-out. I’ve heard of people replacing tie rods and just measuring the length of the old ones and setting the new ones to the same length (or even worse, just “eyeing it” to make sure they look the same) and not doing an actual alignment afterwards. I guess that could occasionally work if you get really lucky, but more than likely the adjustment on the old ones and new ones will need to be a little bit different due to manufacturing tolerances that cause slight differences in the shape, alignment, and placement of the various bends and connections on the replacement vs the original. I would verify that they did an alignment after changing them. IMHO, if they changed a tie rod and didn’t do an alignment, or at least strongly suggest that you get one done, then you really need to cut your losses and go find yourself a more qualified mechanic.

14. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    An alignment was done after the ball joints and tie rod end. This shop specialized in 4 x4 vehicles and has been in business for almost 40 years. More than likely, it is something else. I am getting close to needing new tires so it is possible the older tire combined with the lift are the issue. But, I am not a good enough mechanic to be sure and the jeep drives perfectly 99% of the time. I think something is just slightly off and that is making it happen occasionally. I drove it almost six weeks after lift was done without an issue.

15. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    opossumhunterNC likes this.
  16. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
  17. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
  18. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    Bump stock ban likely headed to SCOTUS. Conflicting circuit court decisions. Whether the DOJ appeals the 6th circuit or not, all it would take is one person in the other circuit (think 10th?) to appeal that decision based on the conflicting 6th Circuit case to the SCOTUS and SCOTUS has to take the case.

Sixth Circuit: ATF Cannot Classify Bump Stocks as Machine Guns (breitbart.com)

Big implications for any pending Executive actions in regards to high-cap mag bans and/or any forced "buy backs"/non-grandfathered "assault" weapons bans.

While not specifically addressing violation of due process and/or private property rights, the 6th circuit does find that regulatory decisions cannot be made which make previously-allowed actions/items criminal.

In other words, it has to get through Congress and be signed into law. Can't happen through ExO or regulatory re-interpretations.

The decision further implies that the Executive branch cannot levy fees/fines on items that are privately and legally held or transferred. The power to tax is reserved for Congress. Using Chief Justice R's opinion in the ACA decision, any federally-imposed monetary penalties for regulatory non-compliance are a tax. So the Executive branch cannot unilaterally fine or impose a fee to "register" firearms or magazines or subject to a tax the private transfer thereof (This does not apply to individual state regs, however.)

Guess we'll be seeing where 45's appointees stand on this issue sometime this summer. My other guess is the Admin will hold off on any fines or domestic regulatory actions* in lieu of trying to jam it through Congress first. That fails they will wait until the SCOTUS rules on the above.
    (*I mean they could and quite possibly will TRY, but the GOA/NRA/NSSF will probably immediately file injunction in 6th Circuit)​

The Admin can still ban importation of stuff (without congressional action.)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
    axtell343 likes this.
  19. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    sort of but not quite-

You can find the article easily by searching it, but it's not getting any airtime.
    I did an experiment. Searched "atlanta grocery store guns body armor arrest"
    got this:

Man arrested at Atlanta grocery with six guns, body armor, police say (yahoo.com)

Then clicked all the hyperlinks in that story referencing the Atlanta spa shooting and the Boulder shooting. Both took me to NBC articles about the victims, both those articles have links therein to NBC articles identifying the shooters by name, picture, and race (or ethnicity.)

However, while the violator in the Atlanta grocery store is named, he is not pictured nor referenced/identified by ethnicity.

PM me for address...I'll take 3 since you were half right. :)
    (I'm kidding; I hate CX MaximaReds and have about 5-6 left collecting dust if they haven't already shattered under the weight of said dust)

opossumhunterNC likes this.
  20. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    There is a reason I offered the maximas instead of black eagles....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cantexian and dnoodles like this.