Arrows

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by NUARCHER, Mar 11, 2021.

1. NUARCHER

NUARCHER Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I’ve been out of archery for awhile I used to shoot Easton ACC’s. What is all the rage these days.

2. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    HEAVY ASS ARROWS!!! Seems like people are building lawn darts for whitetail hunting. Many great arrow brands, I personally shoot Easton Axis they haven’t let me down. As far as total arrow weight I’m right under 500gr.

NUARCHER and Okiebob like this.
  3. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I miss my A/C Superslims. They were possibly my favorite arrow of all time. I'm currently shooting Axis 5mm as well. They haven't let me down yet and are a great balance of small diameter with enough weight to have good penetration.

If you're asking about the current rage amongst Internet bowhunters who worry more about their gear than how to become a better bowhunter, buckle up and get ready to be taken to school. You'll be having nightmares about not having enough FOC to blow through a Rhino shoulder blade before you know it.

4. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Don't listen to Justin, he can't seem to grasp the concept that if you aren't throwing 800+ grains and getting 20 inches of penetration into the earth after the shot you ain't a bow hunter

5. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot the Easton 5mm FMJs. It's been a good arrow for me.

6. mt fighter

mt fighter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just got some custom arrows from vector. I can’t speak to how they perform yet, but really looking forward to shooting them. I’m changing my setup to a little heavier arrow (around 600 nothing crazy) with fixed broadheads.
    The guys are super helpful and will help build an arrow based on your bow, draw length, weight, etc. maybe check them out.

7. jstephens61

jstephens61 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Flip the A/C/C around and you now have the FMJ. Been shooting the FMJ 340 for years now with great results. Got a dozen 300s coming to pick up a little more weight for bigger animals.
    Axis is also a good arrow that won’t hold a bend, just not enough weight for my liking.