GoPro Video Editing Software

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by Matthew Bolt, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Matthew Bolt

Matthew Bolt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am trying to compile/edit hunting videos filmed on both my gopro hero7 and nikon DSLR. The video editing program I use currently (hitfilm express 4) doesn't allow me to directly upload gopro videos (doesnt support that file type for some reason). There are ways to convert the gopro videos to a compatible file type, but i'm not technically inclined enough to figure that out. Are there any free editing programs out there that are capable of uploading these file types (H.264 codec, .mp4) without jumping hoops? TIA

2. drslyr

drslyr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Im using premiere elements which handles gopro but im payin fir it

Matthew Bolt and CToutdoorsman like this.
  3. Tiny_MN

Tiny_MN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  4. CToutdoorsman

CToutdoorsman Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I use premiere elements as well it handles gopro video perfectly but I also paid for it.

Matthew Bolt likes this.
  5. DEC

DEC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Davinci Resolve. It is free and as powerful (if not more so) than anything else out there. I ran Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects for 10+ years and Davinci Resolve does everything and more for free.

6. zhijiang

zhijiang Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Here is a article of free & Paid video editors ( https://www.xp-pen.com/forum-1595.html ) for Windows and Mac OS.

From what you've described, VSDC, Davinci Resolve, and ShotCut may be right for you. Of course, if you're willing to pay, nothing beats Adobe Premiere.

I recommend ShortCut. Most important it is free and supports a wide range of video formats ( including FFmpeg, ProRes, and DNxHD ) .