mistakes of 2020 season

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by kjstaudt86, Feb 24, 2021.

1. westdesign03

westdesign03 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I’m working on planting some seeds with my son. He’s not super into it now. But definitely likes being out in nature. Hoping they’ll grow into something. Will start on my daughter in a couple years too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. westdesign03

westdesign03 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like a plan. It’s so hard to be patient in the scale of years. Sounds like you’re well on your way to showing your kids the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cantexian likes this.
  3. Bowhuntr64

Bowhuntr64 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good thread. Man, I always make mistakes and love to learn from them, cause otherwise I get hopeless & frustrated. But this year I was able to correct the biggest mistake I made last year. Last year, I checked my cameras WAY too often. And I stalked thru my little property WAY too much. This year, I got all remote cameras and I never walked thru the property, except on my way to a stand, and I carefully decided how to approach the stand, even if it made it very difficult to do so. Bingo. It made a HUGE difference. Saw more shooters than ever and got my biggest buck to date. With such a small property, I need to make the smallest footprint possible.

kjstaudt86 likes this.
  4. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    :jaw: Why?

5. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    CWD. It's made from penned deer. Soon as MI (where it's manufactured) got CWD they went nuts and banned all natural scents.
    I think they're banned in WI also.

6. Cannon06

Cannon06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    -I got winded because I waited too long to start drawing back, by the time I was drawn she had already caught my wind and jumped behind brush.
    -Late season got picked without sufficient cover in my tree set up. Good early season spot, very tough late season spot with no foliage.
    -Missed my whitetail rut hunt to go elk hunting. Not a mistake, but I lost a lot of time in the WT woods. Colorado general elk tag rifle season, found lots of elk sign, did not locate any elk.

Tags: