Thank God for Biden thread

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Fix, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Now that the horrible orange man is gone let's hear about all the great things President Biden is doing to repair America.

Hotrod9 likes this.
  2. Hotrod9

Hotrod9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  3. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

ash d likes this.
  4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    crickets.

Suncrest08 likes this.
  5. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The vaccine is now a 'vial of death', under Biden. I don't recall it with that moniker under Trump. 20210303_134307.jpeg

6. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Farrakkan can go pound sand. With all due respect and this coming from a left learning libertarian, Farrakkan is no better than David Duke, one in the same.

As far as Biden, I look forward to being critical of him. Mostly bc I'm no sycophant fanboy of any politician and I think they're all liars that are just in it for themselves. Orange, black, white or whatever, wouldn't piss on one if they were on fire.

Ks.hunter, Cannon06, TJF and 3 others like this.
  7. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    For years now I have said that it doesn't matter who is president.. house and senate is where it's at! They make and break us! When one leader decides everything.... THATS the end of democracy! And the begining of the downfall of america!!!! As long as theses dopes do their job and represent us we got a chance without them... We are in the sh*ter!

8. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    in that case, I hate god.

[​IMG]

Okiebob likes this.
  9. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well in typical politician form he has already backed out of 75% of his campaign promises.

I was at least hoping to see student loan debt relief for the people. I payed mine off and I will refer to the old adage that it is better to give than receive but we have a few employees that the $10k debt forgiveness would have allowed them to refinance the loan and made it a little easier for them to handle.

The stimulus checks, just a flat out lie. Not that I would receive one but that first round gave us plenty of work with minor roof repairs for people that might not have done so otherwise.

So basically I'm not worried about Joe coming to get my guns, he probably wouldn't follow through on that as well.

My prediction, nothing but back and forth arguing between two parties with chit for nothing getting done until those that be decide its time for another raise in pay for themselves and then you'll see them get along for a brief moment. I base that off my 46 years of living and it is nothing more than them repeating their past actions. Worthless as tits on a mule, all of them.

Wop 75 and cantexian like this.
  10. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Isn't there a political thread for this type of stuff?

It's been a few months and I see this question being asked all over social media. I'm not a Biden supporter, but come on. We all know political **** doesn't happen over night, let alone a month. I'm too lazy to look upwhat the prior presidents had major accomplishments during their first few months in office, but I'm assuming it's likely the same as this president.

11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Joe has passed a record number of executive orders and flat out failed at getting the $15 an hour minimum wage that he promised. By the time Joe's term is up the ultra left is going to hate him.

12. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You know I don't follow politics. Did he say he was going to have $15 minimum wage implemented within a few months?

13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    In the stimulus bill, you know the one the democrats held up till Trump was no longer president.

14. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, I have -0- sympathy for student loan debt. Like none. I worked my butt off for 20 years to pay mine off, and so can they.

College kids are supposed to be smart enough to figure out that their 3rd MA in pillow fluffery isn't going to pay very well.

I would rather force credit card companies to refinance since they are irrefutably predatory.

Wop 75, airenlow, pick00l and 5 others like this.
  15. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    Not going to make it that long. He can barely speak. He's even screwing up the teleprompter, and bigly.
    They can't trust him alone for 5 minutes. If he's not retired/25th Amendmented in less than 6 months I will be flabbergasted. I think the only thing propping him up is the secret behind the scenes battle for power between Dr. Jill, Esq. and ,La. (I just made that up, BTW. Feel free to use it.)

Lone bright spot- I am eagerly waiting for him to crap his pants on live TV. I wonder if there's a place I can get odds on the over/under on that?

barstoolsports.com here I come!

little afternoon levity

Swamp Stalker, GregH and cantexian like this.
  16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I do not dislike Joe as much as I despise the leftists that have been embolden by his election.

17. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yea I'm sure as hell not paying someone elses tuition when I never paid one for myself. Sorry your gender study basket weaving degree didn't find you a job.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ash d, cantexian, GregH and 1 other person like this.
  18. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Cancelling student loan debt is the stupidest thing that has been put out there. Unless you are footing the bill for your kids loans(Not stating that is the case for Okiebob), why would you not want responsibility to be followed through?

What's 2024's promises going to be? Mortgage cancelation?

It's not like these loans were being taken out like 10 year no interest loans where if not paid in full by the end of month 120 you will be required to pay all back interest as well.

It's pandering for votes and nothing more or less. They give three less than two chits about the American people and cater to everything about themselves and their families.

I've got a better idea, how about we cancel benefits to members of Congress that they have changed for themselves since they took office. We could bankrupt the entire lot of them with one amendment.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    Wop 75, Hotrod9 and Sota like this.
  19. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I said this a couple of times regarding student loan forgiveness. When my wife and I married in 2008 we had a combined debt of $74,000 between student loans and what she owed on her car (I have always paid cash for my cars, something that quickly changed for her when the car she had at the time was replaced, but I digress). We made the conscious choice to live off of one income and use the second income to payoff the debt as quickly as possible. We were debt free before our sixth anniversary. During this time there was an 18 month stretch where we only made minimum payments because my wife was being a stay-at-home mom with our firstborn. If we had waited a little longer to have kids, we would have paid off the $74,000 in a little less the four years.

Today we live in a comfortable home with a mortgage payment that is easily affordable on my income. My wife is living her dream of being a stay-at-home mom while our youngest is not old enough for school. She will go back to work when is he old enough because she wants to, not because she has to.

I am adamantly opposed to student loan forgiveness. Quit whining like a child. Try being a responsible adult and making some sacrifices. Get to work, it is the only way to get what you want. Your maturity and work ethic will determine what you deserve.

ash d, Wop 75, gunther89 and 5 others like this.
  20. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:

[​IMG]