Political venting

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Artem256, Jun 1, 2019.

1. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Related and not that I really care, but has anybody else noticed a high propensity of commercials with blended ethnicities? I live in a major metro, but it is so disproportionate, it's not subtle.

ash d, GregH, TJF and 1 other person like this.
  2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Every single commercial.

ash d, GregH and wl704 like this.
  3. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I've noticed it for over a year.

GregH and TJF like this.
  4. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Seems to be working along with the same sex thing. I have two nieces that are/have dated black guys.

Nephew that was straight going into prison. Gay coming out of prison.

I have no problem with it but then my youngest started dating a guy. The tv commercials and tv shows did not prepare me for this. She is dating a Minnesota duck hunter !! We get bombarded with them during the fall at the farm. I am always very happy when duck season gets over !! I could not stand Duck Dynasty on account of it so I didn't watch the show. When she said she was bringing him home to meet us, I said I would be cleaning my shotgun. I heard him in the back ground saying " Great I will bring mine !! ". F-ing speaker phone ! Now I am a fairly big guy... 6'1"... 240 lbs. She shows up with him. He is 6'4". DAMMIT !!!

cantexian, Okiebob and GregH like this.
  5. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  6. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I think we've all noticed. You hit the nail on the head by saying it is disproportionate. That is what bugs me the most. I get that the networks are trying to be inclusive but this is way over the top in my view. It's being crammed down our throats. Like the old saying goes, "A little goes a long way".

Another reason why I DVR almost everything I watch.

7. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I can speak on this first hand. I married a woman that was half black, half white. For the most part her identity was white because her father left when she was 12 for crack/cocaine. She had all white friends, married me, which was a huge deal here in southern VA. My family was opposed at first but they fell in love with her over time and they adored her just as I did. fast forward 15 years to April 2018, she completely flipped. She became extremely liberal, pro black and I was a racist redneck all of a sudden. She left me for me for a black guy..that left her, and then another and then back to the first one, then back to the second one and now nobody.. point is, it's very hard to be in a mixed race marriage. It's two different cultures and philosophies IMO. She is now a Biden supporter, BLM supporter, and has mostly black friends and exclusively dates black men. I can't I regret marrying her because I have two very beautiful boys and they are my life. However, I will never date outside of my race again. It's just too difficult. Just the same way i could not date outside my Christian faith..

elkguide likes this.
  8. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  9. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    name change.jpg

ash d, TJF and elkguide like this.
  10. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  11. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  12. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  13. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    I thought after this election the racism bs would wane. Well I was wrong, it is accelerating. Racism articles and Trump sell. Stupid media.

GregH and TJF like this.
  14. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  15. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    US soccer removed one of their soccer delegates today. Calling his speech racist and offensive. I see how it might be mildly offensive, but racist?

“I’m sure I’m going to ruffle some feathers with what I’m about to say, especially given the athletes council that I’m on, but given the evolution of our quote unquote, progressive culture where everything offends everybody, those willing to take a knee our for anthem don’t care about defending half of our country and when they do so, then I don’t have too much concern in also exercising my First Amendment right,” Jahn said before the vote. “We’re here to get a different perspective. I also feel compelled to articulate that I’m of mixed race and representative of undoubtedly the most persecuted people in our country’s history, Native-Americans.”

Claiming he was citing FBI statistics, Jahn said “95% of deaths in black communities come at the hands of another black man.”

“I keep hearing how our country was founded on the backs of slaves, even though approximately only 8% of the entire population even owned slaves,” he said. “Every race in the history of mankind has been enslaved by another demographic at some point time. Blacks have been enslaved. Hispanics have been enslaved. Asians most recently in our country in the freaking 20th century, have been enslaved. Natives have been enslaved. Whites have been enslaved. Shoot, I lived in Africa for 2 1/2 years where I could purchase people, slaves, between the price of $300 and $800 per person, per head depending on their age, health and physicality.

“Where were the social justice warriors and the news journalists there to bring their ruminations to these these real atrocities? And yet in all of history, only one country has fought to abolish slavery, the United States of America, where nearly 400,000 men died to fight for the abolishment of slavery underneath the same stars and bars that our athletes take a knee for. Their sacrifice is tainted with every with every knee that touches the ground.”

dnoodles, Hotrod9, TJF and 6 others like this.
  16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I remember as a kid there was a saying Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.

17. arrowflinger1

arrowflinger1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    People just don’t want to hear the truth..... I personally will never support anyone that kneels for the National Anthem, all of the war veterans that fought for this country are being disrespected and nobody seems to care.... Just sad

GregH, Hotrod9, jrk_indle84 and 4 others like this.
  18. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  19. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  20. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received: