Am I a right wing nut job?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Vabowman, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Let's talk about this one right here, I happen to be friends with two ladies who are married and rasing two little girls they have adopted. Not that it matters, but the girls are black and the ladies are white.

The two little girls who were adopted at ages 1 and 2 came from a single-parent home where the father left and the mom was drug-addicted and in jail. These two girls now 9 and 10 have known nothing but love, soccer, family, and good educational background. Do you think they care they have two moms caring for them? Do you think God cares? They go to church every Sunday also. Where would they be today if not with these two ladies? What is interesting is your own marriage was considered "unnatural" by a lot of folks in the past and still today. What would you say to them?

This is why our forefathers wanted religion out of government, it just needs to go. What right do you or anyone else have to force your beliefs on to anyone or vice versa? If one does not believe two women should be married that's cool, but don't deny them access to the same benefits you or I received for being married.

My mother is a pretty devoted catholic, I get talking to at least once a week about my stances on issues:)

Swamp Stalker likes this.
  2. Ruttin1

Ruttin1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My name is Steve and I’m a conservative. Try it! It feels good. No shame here. I believe in to each their own. Never cared if anyone was gay or whatever. We have now gotten to the point that all those who felt vilified want to vilify me and my lifestyle. Cancel culture at its finest. As a history major, I must say I see a lot of elements of Nazi Germany and Stalinist Russia in the current libtards in charge. The media is our ruin. End of rant.

Cannon06, GregH, cantexian and 2 others like this.
  3. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    yeh I do think God cares.... First, my wasn't marriage unnatural to God. It was unnatural to the racist. Secondly, here is what God said.

“From the beginning of creation, God made them male and female. For this cause a man shall leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh…” (Mark 10:6-8, quoting Genesis 2:24).

you take it up with HIM.

4. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Narrowing this just a tad, so I can pick on 2 particular points / problems here.

1a)separation of church and state was clearly (read federalist papers and any number of biographies) intending that :
    -the US government wouldn't have a nationalized religion, dictated or part of the government, unlike Britain and the Anglican church;
    -citizens, are free to worship as they choose;
    -religion is one of the rights the government would not infringe upon, as it was a right bestowed by the creator (not government).
    -it wasn't intended to mean there can't be religion, beliefs, practice, in govt facilities (like schools, offices, etc), it v was the government shouldn't be forcing /infringing on your rights.

1b)freedom of speech means, no matter how, or what beliefs you have, you were free to vocalize them. Courts have ruled, words are not without consequences (don't yell "fire" in a theater).

2) rights > beliefs. But beliefs can be expressed via right of free speech. Your belief you should be able to infringe or remove my rights (e.g. speech, religion, etc) quickly becomes tyranny

5. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    yup

6. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't care if two men are married or two women. If you are a good person you are a good person. Plenty of opposite sex married "Godly" people who are total turds.

7. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    Keep in my mind, I never said that I was trying to prevent these things, I just have a hard time accepting them. I will never accept homosexuality, transgenderism, or abortion as something that God ordains.. I will not persecute them, nor hate them. I just don't celebrate it. and for that, some people don't like me. We now live in a time that if you do NOT celebrate with them, then you must hate them. You must be "reprogramed" to think the "right" way. I can't and won't undo what is natural to me, at that is finding these behaviors unfavorable and degenerate. But, in the end, I am not the one who judges their soul. God be with them, God have mercy, I certainly pray that he does for my sins.

8. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    There is a lot to be said about aging and at different stages in life. My circle has gotten smaller and smaller and I am happier and happier.

dnoodles likes this.
  10. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    Amen!

11. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    I hear you brother. Im not a big rah rah guy either when it comes to these things. In fact, the more in my face someone is with it, the more stubborn I get.

BB1, TJF, Ruttin1 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't disagree, but I look at it this way. Folks who disagree with the lifestyles of others(will use gay) that do not match their own have been in some folk's faces a long ass time, how stubborn do you think they have become?

13. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Im actually like this toward anyone that wants to totally dominate a situation. Respect my space and Ill respect yours.

14. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    I have never got in anyone's face. Never had a cross word with someone who is gay, trans, etc... I just simply don't celebrate that lifestyle. I don't praise them for their "courage" . I will live and let live but that doesn't mean that I have to celebrate them. I believe there is something innately wrong with them. Maybe I am backwards, maybe I am ignorant, but I can only go with what I feel. Again, I am not going to protest it, not going to treat them with disdain. I just don't have to accept it and jump for joy over their choice. They may feel the same way about me... sue me.

Hotrod9 likes this.
  15. Grouch

Grouch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Gay,s transgenders etc, All are an abomination to all religions that I am aware of, And I firmly believe Mother Nature will take care of whats not meant in the natural world order

Vabowman likes this.
  16. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    There are also a lot of religions whose leaders rape and abuse their followers. Those are real abominations. People in positions of power hiding under the guise of religion. I hope Mother Nature deals with them.

Swamp Stalker, Okiebob and picman like this.
  17. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    God will deal with them..

18. SticknString14

SticknString14 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    It wasn’t that long ago when the cultural norm was shifted the opposite direction towards anyone gay, male or female. They were told they had to be reprogrammed to think the right way. Something unnatural to them. This “reprogramming” was done by violence in most cases. By coming out as gay you were putting your life on the line, your families lives on the line for something you truly believed in. That to me is the definition of Courageous. Right or wrong, natural or unnatural, it doesn’t matter. The shift has now happened the hunted have become the hunter. If you are afraid of what the mob think of you and your beliefs it’s reasonable to say you feel the same as most gays have at points in there life.

That being said I’m a straight white male in my early 30s. Iv never been hated for my beliefs or political affiliation before. As far a religion, Iv had a few pushed my way but I couldn’t accept. Too much “ do as I say not as I do” for me. Today my beliefs are being challenged, is it uncomfortable at times yes but to say I wasn’t warned would be a lie. With all the division in this country there will never be any unity or peace until one side gives into the other. Nobody looks to be giving in...we all will be living in fear for some time, like others have before us. This is nothing new if your into history

19. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    I understand your point. It is well taken. With that said, as a child of Christ, I read what HE said about the lifestyle. And I am and have been guilty of many sinful things. The difference is, I do not ignore what the Father said in scripture. I do not believe that God "understands" my sins and allows them to go unpunished. Now, I guess if one is not a believer, then they will not heed His word. they will do as they please and live how they choose. But, for me, I know and believe in my heart that His design was not for same sex marriages and the like. But He gives us free will,,,I quote you this...
    Romans 1:24
    24Therefore God gave them over in the desires of their hearts to impurity for the dishonoring of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is forever worthy of praise! Amen.…

Again, they will face the judgement as we all will....

20. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received: