Happy Valentine's

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by oldnotdead, Feb 12, 2021.

1. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Decided to say this early. I hope you all have the ability to share special time with those you love.
    Hubby took me out for my Valentine gift today. We went to a gun shop not too far from camp to get my rem. 243 fixed for shooting. I have never been able to get a clear sight pic. on it and no one could figure it out. I finally ,years later, said I'm taking my cross bow with me so they can see what ever the difference is. I can pull up and have a perfect target every time with the cross bow. 5 mins and he knew what to do, let's hope it works. New long range iron slide rail being installed. This because more "sturdy" than aluminum, also to avoid a stock cut down.

Wop 75 likes this.
  2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Don't do valentines day stuff, I am sure my wife feels like every day is valentines day living with me.

3. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would agree. I also don't need a hallmark holiday to treat like best friend like a soulmate

JeffC likes this.
  4. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So sappy up in here... geeesh

dnoodles, Sota and virginiashadow like this.
  5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Whoa on the best friend, if your wife came home with a fresh dent in your pick up she says oh well things happen. If my best friend put a dent in my pick up he would not say oh well things happen.

TJF likes this.
  6. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What can I say only a few people can stand me. And she is the best of them

Okiebob likes this.
  7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I get that, I don't have any friends left close by don't really have a friend to hang with it is just get home and be with the wife but still a best friend would not come to bed after I have taken my gummies and 1 z-quil and ask me to scratch their back for just a few minutes.

8. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    We don’t do Valentine’s Day stuff and I know my girlfriend does not feel like every day is Valentine’s Day haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sota likes this.
  9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Billy Bragg's song Valentines Day day is over is a sure reminder of reality.

10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    His best song is I hate the ******* I've become.

11. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We have to take the house mutt in for a hair cut. I have the perfect Valentine surprise for the wife. At some point in the 2 hour wait, we will stop at Walmart. I will make sure we go through the card and flower section. I will grab a card and a rose. Hand them to her. Say Happy Valentines. Knowing her she will smile and say to put them back. She isn't going to pay 6 bucks for a card or 4 bucks on a half dead, mangled flower.

It's the thought that counts !! After years of doing it... I am not so sure it is a surprise to her anymore though. :)

oldnotdead and elkguide like this.
  12. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Holy Hell ,I wish I never posted this now...:(

Mod-it, virginiashadow and TJF like this.
  13. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My wife will be traveling across the state to babysit one of the grandchildren so his parents can do something alone. That means that I will be refereeing 2 dogs and 2 cats. Actually, that it quite entertaining. The wife and I will do something together the next day.

TJF and oldnotdead like this.
  14. Grouch

Grouch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Every Woman says,Naw don't do anything for Valentines, Boy you WUILL pay for that later !!! Been married 46 years Kniow whaqt I aqm talking about

GregH likes this.
  15. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yes thanks for jinxing my plan. It is all your fault. We drop the dog off. Get to Walmart. Walk through the door to 100's and 100's of roses on display. The wife, " look at all the pretty roses !! ". Me, " Would you like some flowers. ". Her, " I don't know " as she is walking around looking at them. Her, " Oh I really like these !! ". In the cart they went. For the next half hour I got to listen to, " Be careful of the roses !! ". " It's 27 below. Will they freeze going to the car ? "

She is a happy. The mutt is happy. The air hurt my face when I put gas in the Escape. My wallet is much emptier. :P

16. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    I have standing orders in this house...NO DEAD FLOWERS!!!. any cut flower is a dead flower. Waste of money. A heart felt card..one I know he read and he has always been great at this. I save them all and on rough or sad times I take them out to read. No better lift.
    I'm not the usual dinner,candy, person. Thus the gun shop trip. The gun needed fixing anyways, the gift was his willingness to drive all the way to shop on his day off. He has a long drive to and back from work all week.
    He knows I hate baking but especially now that I'm no carb. I make killer cookies! So my gift to him will be a day of baking dozens and dozens of his favorite cookies to freeze and have on hand when ever he wants. I just pulled out the last of his Christmas ones.
    It's all about a mid winter little extra reminder we appreciate what we each bring to our daily lives together. Thank you's to each other are a daily thing. In some lives these are common events. For others, life is so busy it gets away from you , so a reminder day is helpful and perfaps even appeciated.

Swamp Stalker, Wop 75, GregH and 2 others like this.
  17. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That is a great post !! ^^^^ You know what made my day today ?? When I pulled up to the gas pump, Barb offered to get out and fill the car since the fill was on her side. That to me was a great gesture of love. That kept the smile on my face in the bitter cold while pumping gas.

Okiebob and oldnotdead like this.
  18. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    The little things....

19. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My bride would beat me over the head if i bought roses. She would rather have something else that lasts longer. That way I can buy them more often to brighten "her" kitchen.

Lol

Sota and oldnotdead like this.
  20. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I do the same thing I've done for years, buy about a years supply of Belgian chocolate.

Before we had any money we scratched up enough to take our first big trip together to Amsterdam. After partaking in the local activities she tore through about half the chocolate in the Nederlands. Just a reminder of younger days.

virginiashadow and oldnotdead like this.