Tactacam reveal

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by Daniel kahut, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Daniel kahut

Daniel kahut Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Looking for some info from people who have the reveals..

question 1 .. how long does battery life last with just the 8aa? Lithium?

question 2 .. what are some other power source options? I see a port for solar? Certain solar panel needed?

Any other info greatly appreciated

Sent from my SM-G955U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

2. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    battery life is good. I guess it all depends on how many pics it takes. I have had the same batteries in there for a while. I can't answer #2. all in all, the best camera I have ever owned. They are great.

3. mhouck06

mhouck06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am really happy with the camera. I have had 5 out since October and the battery life is still strong. Although I have heard with the lithium once they start dipping, they die pretty quick. All in all I am very happy with the cameras. I do not have an answer for #2 but I see a lot of guys using solar panels on the Reveal Facebook pages.

4. Robert Lowe

Robert Lowe Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have been running my tacticams since october on the same energizer lithium batteries.

5. Daniel kahut

Daniel kahut Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the input everyone.. one more question .. does the app tell you how much battery life is left or do you have to continuously check them in the field

Sent from my SM-G955U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

6. kjstaudt86

kjstaudt86 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I ran mine from October to the end of muzzleloader season in January and still had over 50% battery. I didn't even run the lithium batteries either. These cameras are phenomenal!

7. dbl lung

dbl lung Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would invite any of you guys who use the Reveal to check the recovery speed between pictures. I won’t matter unless it’s on no delay. If the camera is on no delay check how many seconds on the clock lapse between pictures. I had 2 Reveals and both were consistently 5 to 13 seconds between pictures. This is ok if on a food plot or scrape but on a trail you will miss a lot of chasing during the rut.

I have used a lot of different cameras and this one issue prevented me from keeping them. Otherwise the battery life was good and the flash range great.

I do have a friend that has rigged up 12 volt batteries to his. To my knowledge he has never had to walk to the cameras since putting them out in August.