Elite Enkore limbs

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by bhod87, Jan 25, 2021.

1. bhod87

bhod87 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    This is a bit of a rant, but I'm mostly curious how others would handle this situation. Would you be upset?

I ordered an Enkore on November 12th. It came quicker than anticipated, and I was able to pick it up on November 27th. One vital piece of background is that I don't live close to a dealer. It's an hour each way. After putting it in my OMP Versa-cradle vise a few times, the decals on the limbs came off. It was like they weren't adhered hardly at all. After going back-and-forth with their support, they said it needs to go back to the dealer for their assessment. I dropped it off on December 4th and still don't have my bow back. Limbs were ordered and they are apparently backordered. I'm thinking that they found a manufacturing issue and are correcting it.

I feel like I'm owed something at this point for the lost time. Friday will be 8 weeks, AKA 2 months. You order a flagship bow, receive a flawed product, burn a bunch of gas running it to a dealer, ???

Their support won't talk to me on the topic. They just say to call the dealer. The dealer says they have not been given an ETA.

I wish I could return the thing at this point as I'm super turned away from the brand.

2. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Customer service means everything

3. bhod87

bhod87 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    My frustrations led me to push on the dealer a bit (Scheels). I was very clear that I wasn't upset with them, but rather The Outdoor Group (Elite). Scheels has agreed to take the bow back even though I did not pay them directly, I had ordered the bow online on Elite's website. Scheels is just going to re-sell the bow whenever Elite happens to get the limbs to them.

While they did offer to just give me the amount paid back via cash, I feel obligated to "throw them a bone" and just swap for another brand bow. They sell Mathews and Hoyt. I've been feverishly researching V3 versus Ventum. I'm headed there Friday to shoot and pull the trigger.

So I guess the summary is "kudos to Scheels for having great customer service" and The Outdoor Group has lost a customer forever.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    alenhard15 and Shocker99 like this.
  4. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Got to see my statement play out :tu: glad you got your issue resolved. Let is know what bow you end up going with and why.

5. bhod87

bhod87 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I came out with a V3 27" in subalpine. I was not expecting to like it. I shot the Ventum 30, then the V3 31, and then the 27 and honestly couldn't tell much of a difference as it relates to shot cycle and feel between the V3s. So with that in mind, I opted for the shorty for maneuverability inside blinds and such.

There was nothing "wrong" with the Ventum by any stretch. The draw cycle and backwall with the new cams is very nice. I had a tad bit of bias going into it considering I live 20 minutes from Sparta. I know with certainty I'll never run into the same customer service issues.

I also really like the idea of the switchweight system in the V3. Initially I'll have 60 lb dialed for turkeys and after turkey season I throw the 70 lb in. $40 to have the second set. Two hex screws. No press. No efficiency loss from loosening limb bolts.

Tags: