Spypoint cell link

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by heartstopper, Jan 7, 2021.

1. heartstopper

heartstopper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am thinking about getting one soon. What is the good and bad with this product and what are the plans like. Thanks

2. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The pic quality blows, I got two and I’m selling them. I’d get a tacta cam reveal. Download the app to look at plans, it’s like 15$ unlimited pics. $10 for 1000

3. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have one and it has worked pretty well. As far as the plans go, you can go on spypoint.com and see those. The only thing I would caution you about is to make sure that the sd card that goes freom the link will fit into your camera when the door is closed on the camera. Some of the Brownings will not close when that tethered sd card is in there. Other than that mine has been great. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

4. camo75

camo75 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I do not like the low resolution pics it sends to my phone. I also had to call and gripe about the fact that I did not buy a plan this month but they auto renewed on me. So they pro-rated my refund even though I would have got my first 100 pics free anyway.
    I would have bought another camera for scouting purposes but since they want to play games I’m done with them. Thumbs down for me.

5. alenhard15

alenhard15 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am a big fan of the cell links, I agree with pastor Jim, some cameras won’t close with the sd card plug in. I’ve had good resolution with high end cameras, I run my links with spypoint 20mp cameras and here are some images I got IMG_3476.JPG IMG_3470.JPG IMG_3462.JPG

The reveals do have a better quality thumbnail, and you have to keep in mind that even though the thumbnail can be bad quality there is still an actual resolution image stored on the micro sd card in the link. I used these this season to figure out when to move in on an area

6. ThisIsMyHandle

ThisIsMyHandle Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have one. No problems with it. Not yet at least. The pic quality isn’t great but I like the free plan they have. That 100 pics will get run up pretty quick if it’s in a high traffic area though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. GS455

GS455 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I purchased 5 this year and had so, so luck. Worked with my older Cuddeback's but not newer ones and wouldn't work with a new Moultrie I bought and one ran through the batteries like crazy. I wouldn't recommend them

8. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My buddy got a reveal and we were less than impressed with the pic quality. I hear the reveal is more user friendly than the spypoint link and also better images. Guess cant b!tch too hard about $100 camera

Suncrest08 likes this.
  9. Bowhuntr64

Bowhuntr64 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a few and like them—the kind that attach to another camera. Great inexpensive way to make a normal camera into a remote.

Then I got one of their cameras that has the remote included. That was terrible. I should have believed the reviews. The batteries drained in less than 24 hours. I returned it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. bhod87

bhod87 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I think it's important to delineate and say that the standard transmitted images blow. They are definitely sub-par. However, they do offer the ability to pull full HD. Those images are very nice, depending on the quality of the camera taking the pictures. And, of course, the full quality pictures are on the micro-SD card as you'd expect. This fits how I personally use trail cams.. trash 98% of the pictures and pull full HDs of the target bucks.

I did also find out that if you have a camera that can do picture+video mode.. the cell-link will transmit the pictures and leave the videos on the card. I find that mode helpful during the chase when a picture only tells a fraction of the story. You sure can pick up some wild rut footage on video mode!

(I use the cell-links on Bushnells, by the way)

Shocker99 likes this.
  11. Suncrest08

Dislikes Received:
    I use them on bushnells as well, the quality is bad. You have to pay for the HD pics if I’m not mistaken..5$ for 50 pics and you select the pics you want in HD.

12. Eddie234

Eddie234 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]
    I have no issue, I’m looking to see what deer are in my area I’m not looking for framing quality pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

13. Suncrest08

Dislikes Received:
    As am I, with my cell links on bushnells HD’s I can’t even make out a bucks rack from 30 ft away tho

Shocker99 likes this.
  14. Suncrest08

Dislikes Received:
    upload_2021-1-28_12-55-34.jpeg

I didn’t save any of the buck pics but found this one of me freshening up a scrape.

15. bhod87

bhod87 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    That is definitely grainier than mine... but I don't have an example to share right this second. It's also grainier than the ones posted above.

Have you tried updating the firmware?

One observation is that it looks like yours is in a 4x3 (square) aspect ratio while others are 16x9 (wide). Maybe you could ping their support and see what's up.

16. Suncrest08

Dislikes Received:
    Something is up for sure, I dunno. I’m not happy with my current setup , might try to reach out