The Orion Syndicate (#12) - 2020 & 2021 Champions

Discussion in '2022 Deer Contest' started by tynimiller, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Oldcarp

Oldcarp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ty enjoy it and good luck

2. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congratulations all!

Look forward to doing this again next year when I can actually put a buck down. I already know of more quality bucks to hunt than I have had access to for a long time. Should be a great Fall.

MIHOYT89, farmer rick and ash d like this.
  3. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well fellas I did nearly add another 50 from Saturday's hunt. Was a blistery one, but had a few does playing to my south at about 65 yards, just none came close enough.

I'll just keep those points in my pocket for 2021's contest :cool: LOL

4. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    No worries Ty. We didn't need them this year. :lol:

Since the contest has officially ended I did tweak the team thread title just a bit..... :tu:

It's been a great season guys and I've enjoyed it. We need to figure out a good way to stay in touch during the off season.

MIHOYT89, Oldcarp, ash d and 3 others like this.
  5. Brett Smith

Brett Smith Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks to all on our team!

Oldcarp, farmer rick and LittleChief like this.
  6. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    This thread doesn't go away, so I'm sure we can keep messaging updates off season work, scouting trips and what not.

Feel bad I slipped late in the season with those team message updates, but hopefully folks appreciated the quick summaries throughout the year. Let's keep me busy with them this next year again as well!!!

7. Team Haastyle

Team Haastyle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This was definitely the best team I have had the joy of being part of so far. Looking forward to another great year! Now when we do start posting some ATL's!?!?! Shed season is upon us!!!

8. Team Haastyle

Dislikes Received:
    Honestly, the team messages were one of the best things I have seen incorporated into a group!! Good stuff!

MIHOYT89, Oldcarp and LittleChief like this.
  9. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats guys

And don't worry no one noticed that the winning team had the judge on the team.

fletch920, MIHOYT89, JeffC and 4 others like this.
  10. Team Haastyle

Dislikes Received:
    What hunts does everyone have planned in 2021? I'm heading down to Kansas in late October/early November which should be exciting! Otherwise typically Wisconsin hunting, and if the wife lets me I may swing over to Nebraska for late season muzzy.

Oldcarp, ash d, farmer rick and 2 others like this.
  11. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I still have at least 10 bucks holding both sides on one farm as of Friday. I will keep watching cameras to see when the majority have dropped and then get after it. I have access to some new ground that I will scout during shed season also and plan on putting in some ladder stands and identify some places to start mock scrapes this summer. I also bought a bigger tractor that is going to be delivered soon so I can put in more acres of plots and seeding. I am fine with just posting here if that is good.

12. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good job team 12:cool:

Team Haastyle, Oldcarp, ash d and 3 others like this.
  13. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    2021 is quite unknown for me, I'll have my place...and hopefully the Swamp Property but that is where the landowner changed things up on me mid-season. I am going to move down into the bottom of one piece we don't hunt much and really throw a hunt or two in the river bottom taking big swings knowing we lose that place come firearms.

I also have about 120 letters I'm drafting and mailing out to various landowners, some in my county, some outside and even a dozen in Ohio and 20 in Michigan. Figure if I can nab just 1 out of all of them it will be worth it.

I'm also considering leasing for the first time in my life...but only if the right deal and the right piece come up - may throw my hat in one in Illinois with someone that reached out to me.

Team Haastyle likes this.
  14. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    I don't remember when I started doing them, I think first time I was a captain and just kinda kept doing them...some years I'm more consistent than others with them.

15. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    My plans never really change from year to year. I always start in Kentucky on opening weekend, shift to Missouri and then to Arkansas late season. I've never seriously considered attempting to go hunt any of the big buck states. I did make a week long trip to Ohio once with a next door neighbor, but normally I stick to my home stomping grounds.

Someday I might consider traveling to another state, but I do okay where I hunt. There are some big bucks around here but they are very few and far between. One of these days I'll connect. I had my one chance early in the season right across the road on my own property but you know the story. I'll remember that failure to nock an arrow for the rest of my life.

Kentucky will be a bit different next season since my brother moved from Mayfield, KY to Flippin, AR. I still have permission to hunt the land but I'll have to either take my travel trailer or stay in a hotel.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  16. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    Oh, by the way....
    upload_2021-2-1_15-0-53.png

17. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We did it! Congrats to all, this was a fun team to be on. Can’t wait to give a go this coming fall.
    2021 Plans: Tennessee as usual, Kentucky is on the table and might give Illinois another $500. I know I need to up my scouting and planning, I felt I had a plan this year, but I always use summer/fall data all season and I’m always 20 yards out of range. I know some good spots but they need some attention before I setup a preset.
    Super pumped fellas!

farmer rick and Team Haastyle like this.
  18. farmer rick

farmer rick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great job team! Really fun to be on a team where everyone participates. You made this old man happy to finally be on a winning team lol. Can't wait for next year, Lots of deer and bucks around, with the mild winter so far should be great hunting. I'll be busy putting up stands, making trails for deer, putting in food plots, killing coyotes. I want to bow hunt one of the Dakotas this fall for whitetails or mule deer.

My son in law and twin grandsons all drew bobcat tags this year. Told them it would hard to fill three tags. Son in law got one beginning of the season then the grandsons filled theirs last week of the season. IMG_1631.JPG

19. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My wife asked me how much did we win? Bragging rights I told her. She just walked away. I had a great time with everyone on here. Look forward to hearing from everyone in the off season if there really is one.

20. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    They typically send a hat or shirt or something the winning team's way...at least when I've won before.

Team Haastyle, ash d and LittleChief like this.