The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I just picked my wife's kittens ( 6 months old ) from the vet after they were neutered. She's at work and I was supposed to put collars on them to keep them from removing their stitches. Well, the collars were too tight to slip over their heads and they got away. They're somewhere in the house but I am done messing with them.

I am smart enough to know not to mess with 2 angry and sore tom cats who just had their nuts removed.... especially trying to make them do something that they don't want to do.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

TJF likes this.
  2. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just run outside before she gets home and reach into a briar patch a few times and show her what them "kittens" did to you trying to get their collars on :lol:

TJF, oldnotdead and GregH like this.
  3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Driving out to Colorado with the wife to go pick up some rocks she bought because it is too expensive to pay for shipping.:confused:

4. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Daughters best friend....Her boyfriend passed away last night from cancer at age 17. This really pisses me off. This boy was her only family as she comes from trash at home. Great student. Works. Took care of her dying boyfriend for a year at age 16 to 17. This community needs to help her. I want her to move in with us til she graduates hs.

ChuckC, Shocker99, axtell343 and 4 others like this.
  5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Hard to hear that sucks.

6. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That girl was over last night. I fed her and got her some desert. She looked so nervous because her young mind knew something bad was coming. She sent my youngest to my room to get me to thank me a second time for the food. This girl is gonna make it big one day.

ChuckC, tacklebox, cantexian and 3 others like this.
  7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I hope so sounds like a very considerate young lady.

virginiashadow likes this.
  8. Birdswacker

Birdswacker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

HHHMMM?

Landscaping project for next summer?

9. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, sure.

No not really... @Sota I'm sure will have an interesting story...

10. Birdswacker

Birdswacker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Yes it should be a good one!

11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My wife likes rocks, interesting, pretty, expensive rocks. She knows all the names of them I don't, her last big rock was a 4' Geode butterfly. I like it when she buys big rocks it seems to motivate her sex drive. You didn't think I would drive all the way to Colorado just for a smile do ya?

12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    FedEX ground you suck. I sent my northern down to Arizona to have it restored, it was shipped back and was waiting for me in my office. I opened up the crate and the head was broken off.

13. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They delivered multiple packages sent to me to the same wrong address this Christmas season bc you know, they suck and could care less. I will never use them if given any other choice.

14. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My company uses them exclusively and I can confirm.. they are horrible. I have so many stories about then delivering a overnight package(well over 100 to ship) and it gets there 3 days later with no refund. UPS is fantastic and had automated fail safes so if your overnight isn't there by 10am you get your money back. When ever I have a choice, there isn't one

cantexian and Okiebob like this.
  15. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    300ft clean drive...just happened too glance up in hay field coming back from getting. mail. Up off the drive in the hedge row I see a clear plastic bag tied off to a tree limb. FEDX lazy SOB tied my xmas gifts to a tree. Apparently they did the same on xmas eve but to the mailbox....those gifts never were seen by us. Someone got some good gap clothes. Fedx is only delivery that continues to be a problem.

16. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It seems carriers may vary by geography. In our area is rank them (best to worst): UPS, FedEx, USPS.

My wife received something last week shipped USPS over a month ago. Our carrier told my neighbor, if I can't get to your mailbox, I return mail to the sender (his neighbor opposite side, 2 houses away often parks in the street but we live in a cul de sac). We also seem to get more damaged packages from USPS than the others.

17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Talked to the taxidermist he said they had to be trying to destroy it. The guy ships fish all over the country. He did insure it for $500.

18. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Same issue we are dealing with at my company. Huge tax breaks to hire “certain groups” of people in which the vast majority do not give a rats ass. They are there to collect what they are entitled to, a paycheck, and nothing else. The days of hiring the most qualified are gone. The burden is bore by the few of us who actually do care and are good at what we do. The shortcomings that the company does see are overshadowed by the tax write-offs and federal government funded wages. Skilled labor in this country is on life support.

jrk_indle84 and oldnotdead like this.
  19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yes Amazon has a lot of drivers that are new guests in our country and they get an attitude. If you deliver to a business packages go to the loading dock in shipping and receiving , not the front entrance to the office. Had one get rude to our receptionist, he was not rude for long.

oldnotdead likes this.
  20. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hate to say it but if you want good skilled labor, show up early go home late, not afraid to tell you they put God and family before this job and work like they're getting paid to... probably ought start leaning se habla Espanol. No joke. At least thats how it is around here.

Shocker99 likes this.