Team 19 - Quaranteam

Discussion in '2020 Deer Contest' started by slickbilly-d, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Merry Christmas guys. Its been a weird hunting year for me but I have still enjoyed it. Im not done although im nearing the end of my rope. Ill still probably get a doe down. Havent seen a big enough buck i want to shoot at the properties im going to hunt but who knows. The only 3yo that has a nice rack is only sporting one side already.

slickbilly-d likes this.
  2. slickbilly-d

slickbilly-d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Change of plans, heading to Ohio this morning instead of KY!

Siman/OH and Shocker99 like this.
  3. slickbilly-d

Dislikes Received:
    Happy new year everyone. We didn’t get on any bucks in the Wayne National in Ohio but we did see some does. Pretty fun trip

Siman/OH and Shocker99 like this.
  4. archbunk

archbunk Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Happy New Years! Jan 1 was the last day of the season for me. Freezing rain so I didn’t get out. I’ll be watching from the side lines.

Shocker99 and slickbilly-d like this.
  5. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Finally got my buck entered. Will be going out for a doe in the next few weeks to cap the season off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shocker99 likes this.
  6. Gabilgerat

Gabilgerat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well My season is over, today is the last day of our season here in Georgia, I Had a great season and really enjoyed My time in the woods. I missed half of last season due to My battle with prostrate cancer and wasnt sure Id even make it to another season. So it made this season all the more special and I made it a point to take in mother nature in her finest on every venture into the woods. Some of the highlights of the season were , My first buck on My own land, Taking a doe with the new crossbow, and My rut trip to NW Missouri outfitters { although unsuccessful it was a blast!!!}
    Now it's time to start planning and working towards next season. Good luck to yall that have some hunts left this season and looking forward to next fall :deer::deer::deer::deer::deer::bhod:

Shocker99 likes this.
  7. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    I had a sub-par season. I still have one weekend left so theres hope! Haha. Dropping my bow from tree and whiffing on a couple deer which messed with my mind, seemed to send me in a downward spiral. I had a few great encounters but couldnt seal the deal. This will be first year in awhile i didnt spill blood with the bow. But like i said i still have a Hail Mary left next weekend. Glad to share the season with you guys even thou we werent too active on here. Good luck to all of you in everything you all do whether its hunting, fishing, work, family, health related. Cheers!

slickbilly-d likes this.
  8. slickbilly-d

Dislikes Received:
    I don’t even have a bow anymore! New one is on the way, well, new to me. Sold my Halon 32 and bought an Xpedition MX-16. Never shot an Xpedition so it could be a dumb decision. It’s time to start scouting for next year now.

dprsdhunter and Shocker99 like this.
  9. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    Well thats it. Illinois bow season is over. Sorry i couldnt contribute this year. Wasnt my season thats for sure. I thought id be able to kill for sure over our plots. I put some kids on deer and that mist have been enough ruckus to spook them out of there. Not alot of fresh sign and i didnt see squat this weekend. Well good luck to all of you in the off season!

10. slickbilly-d

Dislikes Received:
    Out with the old, in with the new....
    Same specs as my Halon 32 but better balanced and just as smooth. Sold my 4 year old halon 32 that had been drug through every briar patch with in two counties that I hunt for $550, bought this one yo Xpedition MX-16 for $550 2317D81E-46F2-4C8A-8FDB-FCC1C263DC5D.jpeg