2021 ATA Thread

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by MnHunterr, Jan 13, 2021.

1. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Am I blind and just don't see the 2021 ATA thread? Normally bowhunting.com has full blown coverage of the new products in the Events tab.

Received an email from Scent Lok with some awesome looking things for this year (clothing). I'm still wearing my first Scent Lok set I bought 6 years ago. Tempted to upgrade this year.

https://www.scentlok.com/archery-tr...campaign=Scentlok-Branded&utm_content=1000197

2. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I can't see how you can really have any kind of a worth while tread or coverage with out an ATA, eveyone is just releasing new product info piecemeal.

You best bet is to subscribe to the company's your intrested in on Instagram and FB and wait till they post something

MnHunterr likes this.
  3. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    https://forums.bowhunting.com/threads/virtual-ata-show.99230/

MnHunterr likes this.
  4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah the convention industry is currently not existing, online virtual does not work for exhibitors, but they sure want your money.

5. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    The virtual ATA show has been pretty much a joke. I would venture to say maybe 35% of manufacturers took the time to upload product data, videos, etc about new products. We're gathering as much as we can and will have the first content hitting the site later today.

As for that ScentLok suit linked above - it's freakin' sweet. I was at their office for a meeting about a month ago and got to play with the prototypes. As someone who has owned just about every suit they've made in the last 5 years, this is by far my favorite one yet. It's going to be for that late October and on timeframe here in the Midwest (provided it's not 70 degrees like it was this year).

My only dislike was the velcro attachment on the suspenders. There was some discussion that may be altered before the production units hit the ground in July, so we'll see. Outside of that, I think it's a home run.

SharpEyeSam, Wop 75 and MnHunterr like this.
  6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Velcro is an enemy of any bow hunter one of the most unnatural sound in the woods.

Wop 75, cantexian, Fix and 1 other person like this.
  7. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I told that directly to the President of the company. In fact, I told him I have always wanted to start a coalition of bowhunters to have velcro banned from all uses in hunting gear. :lol:

8. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Talked to my friend who works for Freeman in Las Vegas he is doing a show in March, looks like the trade show industry is going to open back up shortly.

10. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

I'm hearing rumblings from a few friends I know that due to obligations have had to wear Scent Lok, that FINALLY Scent Lok appears to be producing a much higher quality material and cut for the colder temps. My one buddy when he isn't chasing Whitetail always wears Sitka and he always felt wrong recommending folks to Scent Lok for anything late season especially bowhunters...he LOVES this thing and said he no longer feels shameful recommending it.

11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Shameful? But he took the product and the compensation.

12. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Won't describe too much, and trust me as you guys know my opinion of the BS sponsorships cause in the industry I've given him TONS OF SH**....he LOVES being part of the team he is a member of and was always quite specific to focus on how good he felt the Scentlok early and mid-season stuff is/was - and just wouldn't discuss the shortcomings in his opinion of the design/fit/performance of the colder stuff and/or jackets of any decent weight.

*and no this specific guy is not a Bowhunt Or Die person...no doubt that is where some minds may head.

Sota likes this.
  13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I get it Ty we are of the same mindset.

tynimiller likes this.
  14. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    :lmao2: