New to Bows

Discussion in 'Introductions - New User Forum' started by DeltaWolf, Jan 17, 2021.

1. DeltaWolf

DeltaWolf Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello all,

So I am a firearm guy by nature, with the ammo the way it is, I figured I would pick up a bow and learn a new skill. of course went to ebay found a bowtech tomkat for $150. Just need to get lessons once I get it all set up. it came with a wisker bisket (plan on changing soon), still need the sight, peep site and stabilizer. then pick up some practice arrow to start with and look into making/tuning arrow. I may not make hunting season this year but I will try my hardest. Anyway, I am in KCMO, if anyone knows of a great place in the northland to get a bow serviced let me know. I know Roger's sporting is near me, they do have bows and what not, just not sure on how good they are. I may not say much but I will be digging into information. if you know of any good threads to look through let me know.

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    A local non big box bow shop is your best bet, sure you can get components cheaper at a big box store but you get better service and advice from most "mom and pop" shops.

oldnotdead likes this.
  3. DeltaWolf

DeltaWolf Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Most definitely, local small first. I have plans on doing a small business myself and I always try to buy form the mom and pop stores.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Sota likes this.
  4. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome your starting a fun journey....if not an obsession.

5. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the forum and the passion. Any questions just ask
    And don't be too hasty to ditch your WB, lots of guys on here swear by them.

6. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Got one and like it.
    DeltaWolf, welcome to the forum. The time between this spring and coming fall hunting, you should have plenty of time to prepare. If you can find a local shop, see if they offer lessons. Many shops will have a range to use. I would start out working of form and then going from there. Read where the Korean archers spend 6 months on just .learning proper form. They are some of the tops in the world.

Fix likes this.