Political venting

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Artem256, Jun 1, 2019.

1. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  2. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  3. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    HE did WAY better than I... I tried but, I had run a business before college, had my own ,1 person, business as well in high school. English professors were the worst. After being told I did a paper perfectly, but it would not be excepted because... " I don't believe the rest of the students will be able to relate to the subject matter. " After explaining that I performed the mandate of the assignment, not excepting the paper due to his assumed class room reaction wasn't his job nor acceptable. The conversation went down hill from there. Later my advisor and Botany professor said, " You really can't tell your professor to stuff your paper so far up his ass it will never see the light of day again. " He was actually really good about that conversation and guided me around dealing with that "tool". Lost the cost of that course having to push it back to get a different professor. The Professor also had to have a ,department head, conversation on his reaction and opinions.
    The push started in English departments because they were the curriculums mandated courses. You have to have them to get your degree.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    Swamp Stalker and GregH like this.
  4. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    He is the creepiest well documented, in pics ,SOB I've ever seen in politics.

If the left thinks it's OK to label Trump supporters racists , than the right can label Biden supporters as pedophiles. See how that road travels .....

ash d likes this.
  5. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    are you in high school or college?

6. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Oh its a real thing. Check this out. Just saw this

GregH likes this.
  7. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Can I just say....no surprise here. Keep your eyes open because their tentacles are far reaching and growing.

8. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Oh its college and real. I can show you probably 6 work emails and at least 3 videos pushed out to our company to the same effect.

Smdh

GregH likes this.
  9. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Students deciding who gets to keep their degree. Wow, I didn't think things could any dumber than they already were. I guess you can't blame a lib for trying. Look what they've done already.

BTW, I had to cut Juan Williams off, I can't stand a single thing that comes out of his mouth.

TJF, Shocker99 and oldnotdead like this.
  10. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    This shows the lack of education being given ,from grade school to your esteem institutes of higher education. Harvard should be embarrassed.
    It is the consumer ,alumni, that bought and up to now, paid for the privilege to work for that degree. They OWN the product. Harvard apparently allows consumers through their doors with severe deficits.

Shocker99 likes this.
  11. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Seriuosly Fox needs to can his sorry butt. Or just send him over to CNN, Oh wait CNN may be paying him and sent him to Fox.....hhhmmmmm

12. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    I graduated with a degree in history from a Historically Black Univ...VA State Univ..Imagine what I heard in those upper level history classes :)...I will tell one story: I had a 400 level course in African Colonization , the professor was from West Africa. He had multiple PHd's ...I am the only white guy there...and looks at us and says, " you know, the white man planted AIDS in Africa to kill us all..) :confused:

13. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Ya boy oh boy ,I would never make it in today's world...

14. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    this about 18 years ago!

15. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Complete and utter reckless speech. He didnt realize how much he hurt race relations through generations of people.

16. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Mine was 1977...now you know why I live out in the country and far, far away from people. ...lol

cantexian and Vabowman like this.
  17. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    I heard a lot of militant things there.. A government funded university.

18. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    College. I'm a 44-year old full-time student.

fletch920, cantexian and Shocker99 like this.
  19. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, this professor was unlike most I've come across in the past 5 years of college. Even as an independent, I have to be mindful when I speak out. I've been called a white supremacist by other students, a racist, and a Nazi. I've had a few run-ins with professors, mostly when they start talking about there is no need for an American citizen to have an assault rifle. I raised my hand and said, "I agree professor, one is not enough, I have three."

I said to the professor and the entire class, If you are all so passionate about this, then volunteer your services to be the person who knocks on the doors of gun owners and demand they turn them over, rather than have someone else enforce your beliefs. I've said to students who have never lived on their own, and professors who have hidden behind school walls their entire career that our nation and way of life is an anomaly.

It all falls on deaf ears. Very scary. While they think they are "fighting" for human rights and equality, they are taking it away from those who oppose their points of view in the way of censorship, and cute nicknames such as white supremacist and Nazi. I do agree a change needs to be made so all are treated equally, but it can be done without eliminating those with opposing views. Scary worl[d we live in now.

Sota, arrowflinger1, GregH and 4 others like this.
  20. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    You know I find it humorous that they keep falling back on the Hitler regime to insult all opponent's. That they have studied Hitler's rise to the point of putting to memory so many regime talking points such as... " The Big lie" which is a Goebbels theory... Hhhmmmm turning to spouting Nazis theory about,repetition of speaking a narrative to sway the populace into believing said narrative, repeated to attack opponents . This is just YET ANOTHER. example of their accusing an opponent of exactly what THEY ARE DOING!

cantexian likes this.