The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Think I fixed mine. There was a chunk of ice in the drain pan line that I did not melt out the first time. I got that out Sunday night and able to see water flow through into the drain pan. I also added an extender to the heating element so it hopefully will keep the drain from freezing over again. Going on day three of no water under it, fingers crossed it stays that way.

wl704 likes this.
  2. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  3. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Dang, it sure does.

Just grabbed some more magazines off of midwayusa too. I don't think it will be long before they are all bought up, or removed from online stores.

4. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Debit card hacked AGAIN!!! Mother fruckin AGAIN!! Second time in 3 months....

What the actual fffffffffuuuuuuuuu

5. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Very frustrating!

Get/use a credit card and only use it at any place other than point of sales next to a register (e.g. Gas pump, online - credit card; grocery store, home depot, feed and seed - OK for debit card).

With this approach, we're maybe dealing with this every 5-10 yrs.

outdoorjoe and dnoodles like this.
  6. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I dont use them. At least with a credit card it doesnt come out of my bank acct. Ive had stolen credit cards maxed out and they fix it right away

7. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah... I dusted of the ol CC again this morning....

Shocker99, cantexian and wl704 like this.
  8. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I would tell you to start reloading.... but good luck finding any dies or primers. I got a couple new rifles middle of last year, a CCR in 7mm rem mag and a kimber adirondak in 6.5 CM. I actually have plenty of large rifle and large rifle magnum primers, but they’re the first rifles I’ve owned in either of those calibers and I’ve had dies on back order for about 7 months now and the current estimated ship date for them is not until March. Bought suppressors for them at the same time and it’s actually looking like those are going to get here before the reloading dies do. Never imagined Id see the day when a form 4 has a shorter wait time than a damn reloading die.

Okiebob and axtell343 like this.
  9. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I want to start, I've been saving brass for quite a while now.

I am very tempted to just buy an AR-15 upper chambered in 7.62x39 and roll with that. Only problem is they are all sold out!

10. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    Reloading isn’t that hard and if you’ve already got a lot of brass saved up and do a good job of keeping it separate and tracking how many times each has been fired you can save some pretty good cash, especially at the current prices, but rifle primers are completely non-existent right now and I don’t think that’s going to change for a very long time. They’re a lot cheaper than factory ammo so somebody who is “stocking up” on loaded cartridges might buy 5,000 rounds, somebody stocking up on primers can buy 30,000 primers for the same price. Especially because they’re currently a whole lot harder to get than ammo regardless of caliber

11. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    I should probably clarify that - you actually won’t save a dime by reloading - yes your cost per round will be a whole lot less but there is a side effect to the reduced cost and increased availability of ammo that causes the number of rounds you shoot to increase substantially and that will more than offset anything you might save on a cost per round basis

Okiebob likes this.
  12. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Tried to get a new dishwasher installed today. Install crew said they couldnt do it bc of this set up. I told them my house is 5 yrs old and there are probably 1k houses in this neighborhood that are rigged the same way.

Any of this look so out of whack that an experienced dishwasher install guy couldnt complete?

20210115_113334.jpg

13. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    Attachment didn’t work.I’m not an official dishwasher installer or anything but I have put in 3 of them over the years and they’re not hard at all. Re-attach it and I’ll take a look at it. Honestly I could probably talk you through putting it in yourself.

14. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    Actually it worked now. Take another photo further back that shows the whole under sink opening and the drain piping and one that shows the opening where you stick the dishwasher into.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  15. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Are those the water lines to the sink? If so, I am assuming that it looks that way to add in a drain line for a garbage disposal. I assuming the black hose is the drain line. However, the pipes with the T look like they are probably different sizes going from the taps into the wall, hence the "T." It may be necessary to be set up that way but it looks sloppy. If the white hose is the hot water line coming out of the wall, there should be a "T" just above the handle to run a water line to the dishwasher.

@opossumhunterNC is right, a picture from further back of under the sink with nothing but the pipes and hoses would be helpful.

16. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I literally installed a DW on Monday.

I'm sure Greg likes the armored electric. I get the heebie jeebees when water and electric are that close. My DW was hard wired, but it's really just wire nut and strain clamp.

Plumbing lines are wonky, but as cantexian said, looks like different sized lines. I have PEX to a single valve, but it feeds 2 separate 3/8 lines (1 to sink, the other to the DW).

On my DW, both the water feed and electrical are accessible behind the kick plate (totally DIY).

The drain line was the biggest pain as it is a 2 part (I included a hose clamp at the connection, and it mounted on the side... So it needed to be connected prior to wedging the DW back under the counter.

Ps, our local code has the DW on a dedicated circuit... If you don't, hopefully you've got a gfci.

17. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  18. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    Btw. If you really need some and have the ability to get ahold of small rifle primers and spent 5.56/223 brass then I would be willing to work out a trade to resize the brass and load them in exchange for keeping some of the primers. Probably something along the lines of for every 1000 primers and 500 spent cases you send me you would get back 500 loaded cartridges.
    O

That’s assuming you just want some decent quality soft point hunting or FMJ target bullets. Not saying I’m going to load them with some crappy off brand copper plated steel bullets or anything; I would definitely use a quality bullet such as federal SP or FMJ, depending on whether you’re looking for hunting, target (or a combination of the 2). Just don’t be expecting me to load them with some crazy match grade, $1/bullet stuff unless you are providing the bullets too.

axtell343 likes this.
  19. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the help and suggestions fellas. Im off to a hell of a work week til next Thurs so Im gonna see if someone can swing by and hook it up while Im gone. I just dont have the time and it needs to get done.

20. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm fine with whatever wiring method is used. Just don't forget the green wire, it's the most important one.

TJF likes this.