Interesting Info for a first post....

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by fletch920, Jan 11, 2021.

1. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A drive-by posting in another thread about nose picking or buttons or something is worth a closer look. I pulled it up myself and saw it also. Looks like he got a speeding ticket in Clarke County two days earlier also. Tough week for someone trying to be famous in the outdoor world.
    BowmarIAViolations.jpeg

I know it's kind of hard to read, but basically a Joshua Bowmar was cited on Jan 4th for no deer license or tag in Iowa. Stack that on top of the Nebraska and Federal charges and he may want to look for a different line of work. Or, hope to sell an awful lot of those nose poky thingys.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  2. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Why is it so hard to follow the laws?

No clue which member is the culprit, but my goodness is it becoming too common around here.

fletch920 likes this.
  3. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not a member that I know of. But, the Bowmars are outdoor legends in their own minds. They market the crap out of the spiked nose piercing ring that goes on a bow string. Its all the rage with poaching kids these days I guess. They are also fighting game violation charges in Nebraska and have pending Lacey Act violations. They are big time "celebrities" that graced Iowa with their residency, and now some of their money for fines.

4. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    From what I hear the nose button is helping a lot of people shoot. So for that invention I think it’s good for people to make products that actually help others in the industry. I don’t understand the violations tho and peoples do anything to get deer mentality. If you want to pursue hunting as a job or celebrity hunting status I’m all for it, go wild. It’s not for me, but just follow the rules and when you do become successful people will respect you. All credibility goes out the window, for what ?! Some likes on a video. People are only fooling themselves, one day none of it will matter at all...

5. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I
    It's all about the $$$$
    I've been reading post about them yet Youtube videos of 2020 harvests keep popping up when I search. I'm not understanding how they are still hunting. I've personally never watched them. Though I have to say, I just have a hard time watching any but a very few now. All the " originals" like D&D, Dury,Growing,,ect,went to the way side long ago

6. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Gotcha, thought you meant a member when you said drive by posting in another thread.

7. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Selling nose buttons? Why didn't I think of that, I've been tying my own with a piece of waxed bow string since the early '90's and only cost a few cents.

Should be a thread.... "Things I've thought of or have done that other people are now marketing".

fletch920, Okiebob and Suncrest08 like this.
  8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am starting to get suspicious that the TV hunting industry isn't that pure.

Wop 75, Shocker99, fletch920 and 4 others like this.
  9. camo75

camo75 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    E623717E-F560-4DB4-968A-764F1BC682C9.gif

10. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I watch the game warden shows on TV and get a laugh over people who don't follow the laws. Especially, "I didn't know that!" Time and time again, the officer mentions it is their responsibility to know the laws. Licenses and required permits are much cheaper than a fine. Plus losing your hunting privileges for a year or two. Beats jail time, too.
    There are times the officer mentions the person has been cited before.

early in likes this.
  11. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I grew wary of hunting shows a long time ago and that is what brought me to BHOD. Between the aforementioned and THP, they seem to be the only ones that I don't feel so greasy watching. The rest are just thirty minute infomercials for some bs product. So this comes as no surprise and will be used by the anti crowd for years to come. Awesome. Vanity and likes on social media, a winning combination for the chuckleheads of today.

fletch920 and oldnotdead like this.
  12. takemrarely

takemrarely Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Always wondered why there wasn’t a light on your trucks dashboard to tell you your tailgate is down.

Somebody PLEASE make that a reality......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wop 75, GregH and oldnotdead like this.
  13. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Bowhunt or Die is the only good one these days:bow:

Wop 75 and fletch920 like this.
  14. Grouch

Grouch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    sorry as for me no produced tv hunting show is worth my half hour of life, Life is real, just go and do it, Why watch somebody else take life by the horns ?????

15. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Because after a day of being out just doing it, one is sore and tired and needs to veg out in front of the boobtube...some hunting videos are a hell of a lot better than the news or teen sex,male on male, woman on woman, demon on human, ect,ect,ect sex...even in the commercials.

16. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am impressed with the scope of your viewing vocabulary!

17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Have to enjoy a post when the individual does not intentionally spell words wrong, only a dumb bastard would put the effort into spelling words wrong to have more credibility with other dumb bastards.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021