Political venting

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Artem256, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Hotrod9

Hotrod9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I said this a few months ago, cant remember what thread it was on but at what point in time does the common ground for most become distrust and disgust in politicians regardless of which side of the fence you are on.

2. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Believe me, as a resident of illinois, i know...:sad:

3. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    6503DF54-7011-4184-AF9F-1614614F8D8F.png Total spending up %70 in the last 20 years. Out of that, pensions have a rise in spending of %677 and state employee insurance %245. Education got a whopping %73 increase. Is something wrong here? :confused:

4. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  5. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Michael Madigan, but being rumored he is short on votes to remain Speaker. We'll see if that even happens or if the FBI investigations continue once Biden takes office.

I was 8 years old when he became Speaker of the house and he has held it for all but 2 of the past 38 years.

6. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    VOTE the politicians out. 90% out within 6 years.

7. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Funny what MDA will do for a guy. :biggrin:

8. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  9. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    One can only dream, here in IL Madigan has redrawn the Districts in such a way that it guarantees to remain Democrat controlled. Nearly a decade ago when concealed carry was being created, we garnered enough signatures on a petition to have redistricting and term limits put onto the ballot for the following election. He somehow challenged it in court and won so it was not placed on the ballot.

He and his Cronies have been under investigation by the FBI for corruption, mostly his ties with Commonwealth Edison.

As said above, no clue what will happen with that when the new administration takes over.

Shocker99 likes this.
  10. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    All Americans should want less government, especially less federal government. Why on earth someone would want others playing puppet master with their lives is beyond me.

11. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty sure the solvency of the pension plan was raised as a concern years ago... I can't recall the underlying contributing issue (e.g. High Cola, baby boomers, raiding the fund for other state needs or poor fiduciary management)...

Healthcare has been a run away train, in terms of cost for a while... But we all know Obamacare fixed that problem [/sarcasm] Even my employers premium rises every year... And it's a very complex problem... Insurance companies, drug companies, plan managers, legal cost, cap/opex costs for specialized care and services and maybe a dash of conflicting interests contributing.

And IL is a trainwreck with a fairly sordid past (and currently...?) on top of it all...

12. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

virginiashadow likes this.
  13. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Spoken like somebody that has read the Constitution, federalist papers or history... :eyeroll:

cantexian and virginiashadow like this.
  14. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well on that note

FBI request a Geo-fencng warrant for the capital building to see who exactly was inside it.

"A Geo-fence warrant (also known as a geofence warrant) is a search warrant issued by a court to allow law enforcement to search a database to find all active mobile devices within a particular geo-fence area."

15. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    Its a defined benifit plan. So yes a slush fund which has been robbed blind for decades. The taxpayers have to foot the bill. I would love to see a conversion to a 401-k based plan where the employee is in control. Not the politicians.

16. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Big brother keeps expanding. I hope they do that for the federal courthouse siege and fire bombing that lasted for months. Hope like 5k people are arrested for that as well.

17. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Raiding the funds to pay for other things. They did the same thing to the lottery system that was developed to fund educationm redirected all the money so bad that lottery winnings could not be paid out in a timely fashion.

Ow Pritzker is even witholding Federal Covid relief from small businesses because "Covid hurt the budget".

It's been known for years this was coming but all they did was raise taxes and raise taxes, oh and gave theirselves some raises along the way. That's why I was ranting awhile back about the state gas tax doubling when you quoted me and stated federal tax etc. It's not so much the $4 a fill up I was ranting about, it was the fact they do not use the additional.money for its intended purpose, at least for long.

They even got caught raiding the FOID/CCL funds that were supposed to fund ISP who says it takes triple the amount of time to issue our FOID cards and CCLs due to lack of staff and money so they want to raise fees.

This whole crummy state is corrupt.

I want to move so bad but its hard to leave a 16 1/2 year job, sell a house 10 years into mortgage.

Pelosi will likely bail them out, but it won't help anything until they are all out of office and honest politi..:lol: N/M

18. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Surprised they aren't using other means too... Maybe they are, but even if they didn't have a device broadcasting their id, their face is likely captured on a driver's license...

19. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Best thing I have read on CNN

(CNN)On Monday morning, Illinois State House Speaker Mike Madigan made a stunning announcement: He would no longer try to get the 60 votes he needs to be elected to the post he has held almost continually since he first won it in 1983. Madigan represents one of the last vestiges of the old party boss system -- a man not terribly well-known outside of the city of Chicago but someone who, arguably, wields more influence than any other single figure in this massive Midwestern state

20. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received: