The Orion Syndicate (#12) - 2020 & 2021 Champions

Discussion in '2022 Deer Contest' started by tynimiller, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Oldcarp

Oldcarp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Merry Christmas every one

LittleChief likes this.
  2. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have sat a couple of times with my muzzleloader and passed some decent ones and had a bad primer cost me a 170 class 10 point. I am in hopes that means I will get a chance at him with my bow. It is warm today, so this afternoon I am going to sit with the crossbow to try for him. I have until the 10th and will be hunting as many days as possible between now and then.

3. farmer rick

farmer rick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck to you fletch!

fletch920 likes this.
  4. Oldcarp

Oldcarp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I hope you come across him again. Good luck

5. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Phone service is back! Damn Nashville bomb took out a lot of service here.
    Haven’t missed much, I went out, had 13 doe and and never took a shot. I guess that’s a sign that I’m done for the season. I spent 20min just watching them feed in front of me yesterday.
    Might get up to Illinois to burn these two tags next weekend though, but I believe I’m going to wash and pack my gear up.

6. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Last evening I sat on a small clover plot that I have not had a camera on this year and went in blind. The wind was wrong to hunt my better farm. All I saw was a doe and her twins, so I did not shoot her. While sitting there, one of my neighbors to that farm sent me a text asking if I was hunting. I text back that I was sitting in the back of the farm on the clover plot. He said, you should have stayed in your truck, there are 10 deer standing by it. lol. And so it goes.....

7. Brett Smith

Brett Smith Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Went out yesterday afternoon. Bumped 5 doe walking in or so I thought as a coyote appeared shortly afterwards...the coyote returned and bedded down at 34 yards under a cedar tree. Later two doe were coming in from the south, on a string, then their trail crossed the coyote path and they stopped, turned around and walked back up the hill...never to be seen again. Our season ends at the end of the year.

8. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well fellas, hate the season is coming to an end, it's been a funky season for most of us, but good others. I still have an other week left to get out, but I'm not sure how much I will actually go. I am building a .300 blackout right now, may take it out and do a mass freezer fill; TN lets us slay 4 doe per day, but I don't have the time to process 4, so maybe two and call it good.
    I still have the invite to the KY farm, I believe that will be my "out of state" hunts next year. Illinois has been good, but I haven't been able to get on "the one". I suppose all we can do is look forward to 2021 s outing and prep, I know I really need to put forth more effort scouting.

LittleChief likes this.
  9. Brett Smith

Dislikes Received:
    Our season ends today. Late season open tomorrow but its rifle only for doe. Thankful for the doe on 10-24.
    A question though....I purchaed an Ozonics 300 yesterday...should I use scentfree cover spray as I currently do or can I switch to earth scent like Little Chief uses?

10. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    We got 5" of snow and then it rained and gave us a layer of ice on top. Every step is now incredibly noisy and can be heard for hundreds of yards. The absolute worst situation. We are supposed to get several more inches of snow tomorrow and I really hope we get enough to muffle the sound of the ice so that I can get back into the woods into a few bow stands.

11. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Actually I use earth scent primarily in the early season and late season when it's warm. I prefer scent free if it's cold enough for the ground to be frozen.

12. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    Hopefully it works out for you.

Personally I never worried too much about making noise going to the stand. Walking in through 4 - 6" of frozen fallen leaves has to be almost just as noisy as what you are dealing with. I gave up on trying to sneak in a long time ago. I just get on stand early enough to let things calm down. I've crunched my way to the stand and had deer show up before I finished setting up. Then again, the deer that show up for me aren't big mature monster deer like you have either.

cantexian and fletch920 like this.
  13. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Went old school last evening. Made a makeshift ground blind that covers a couple of good trails. Nice evening, hoped they would move. Close quarters so I took the crossbow. And, 50 points for the good guys! Will enter soon. I am absolutely wiped out, but thrilled to be back in the game. I tried to post from the blind but the site must have been down. I also passed a nice 3 yr old 8 point. I will keep after it.
    20210103_185458_resized.jpg

14. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    Heck yeah!! Congratulations Fletch!!!

The forum did it's weird thing Friday like it did before. It was still up but no one could post. Of course it happens on a Friday when the BH.COM guys are leaving for the weekend.

fletch920 likes this.
  15. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Fletch

fletch920 likes this.
  16. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    fletch920 likes this.
  17. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    17 deer and over 1300 points now for this team! So glad I was finally able to get my participant trophy. lol.

Now, if I can just add a few inches of antler to seal the deal. I will stay after it.

Team Haastyle, ash d and LittleChief like this.
  18. Brett Smith

Dislikes Received:
    Great job Fletch.

fletch920 likes this.
  19. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I finally got the call we can hunt the one place. With the conditions and deer being crazy pressured now, I may do something I rarely do and see if I can still shoot straight with a firearm. Stand selection will dictate it, but hoping to get out soon. It is a reduction zone property so unlike most of the state, that season runs through end of January.

fletch920 likes this.
  20. farmer rick

farmer rick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Fletch!! Good job staying at it and getting it done! Over 1300 points is awesome.

fletch920 likes this.