Another health and fitness thread anyone?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Wiscohunter, Jan 18, 2018.

1. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Hiit today. Legs and shoulders are toast. Set of 5 (strength and cardio) exercises, for 1 min, amrap. Sub 1 of those exercises each round with something different. 15 sec rest between sets, repeat for 50 minutes.

This may hurt a day or two.

Also I stumbled across the attached as another variety workout. 20201112_095058.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  2. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've been doing some full body workouts after my short deercation. I'm afraid the gyms are going to get shut down with this recent covid surge. I hope not my body can't take another prolonged period away from the gym.

3. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No sooner get to ladder seat there is chasing to my east 60 yrds. Caught doe didn't see buck. Breeze ENE. perfect for this afternoon stand. Just now guy a couple of pieces over driving at through the woods
    Either got that buck or will drive deer this way...I hope. Big fresh tracks by stand and 2 new rubs 10 yrds behind.

4. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    For all the good I'm doing in the stand, I think I'd rather be at the gym. I get really stiff and sore sitting here like this.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

wl704 likes this.
  5. Westfinger

Dislikes Received:
    I hear you Jim. I have a hard time doing long sits on small stands. With these progressive lenses I really need to tip my head down to see. My neck is always stiff sore and generally angry after a hunt.
    Pulled into the gym parking lot this morning and it was nearly full of cars. Everyone must be in panic mode trying to sneak a few more sessions in before we get shut down....

6. pastorjim08

Dislikes Received:
    I hope that doesn't happen.

7. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just hit the Alpine Runner for 60 minutes at a 20% incline with a 20lb pack. Only covered 2 miles, but that felt about as much like hiking a mountain as anything I have ever done in the gym. Back at it after my rutcation last week.

8. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Back to the workout grind. Thanks Cantexian for helping relieve alot of my back tightness.

Final push to get below 230 for the first time in 5 yrs. A couple more lbs to go.

Westfinger and cantexian like this.
  9. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Getting myself back in decent shape. That double hernia in the summer really messed me up.

Monday I walked, ran, and lifted legs. Tuesday I hunted and walked a couple miles in the woods. Today I put 20 lbs in a backpack. Covered 4.2 miles in an hour and 10 minutes and did 200 pushups along the way.

10. pastorjim08

Dislikes Received:
    Well, since the season had been in my gym sessions have been hit and miss, mostly miss. But with the season winding down I was back in the gym today for the full Monte. 4 mile run, 5 mile bike ride, sit-ups, push-ups, pull-ups, and etc. Felt so good, it hurt! Got to get these 65yr old bones moving again!

11. pastorjim08

Dislikes Received:
    Hit it again this morning. I would have went yesterday as well but the hospital keeps calling me to work extra and i just cant say no to my peeps. Same regiment as the other day. Two hours long.

Westfinger and virginiashadow like this.
  12. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Been nice and steady for a month now since hunting season slowed down. I must have run harder than I thought last night. Ran hard and then did a bunch of bodyweight squats. Thighs burning today.

Westfinger, cantexian and pastorjim08 like this.
  13. pastorjim08

Dislikes Received:
    Four miles through mud and snow today with a 50 pound pack. Not bad for an old dude. Seriously, sometimes I do these things and I think to myself "what are you doing out here at this age?" I am blessed!

14. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    That is great!

15. pastorjim08

Dislikes Received:
    Did a 4 mile run, 4 mile bike ride and 200 sit-ups. I had to do the sit-ups in two different sets but I got them done.

16. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Finally got back in the gym today after what felt like forever. End of summer and fall was hard to get time to go. Between messing up knee, cutting hand, and starting a new job that switched me to working 12 hour days been rough.

Wasn't that bad of workout and kept things lightweight. At end did some rack pulls and don't know if was just burnt out or my hand I injured is minda weak now. About lost it a couple times do to grip. So will haveta work on that or use straps alot more.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

17. Westfinger

Dislikes Received:
    I hope everyone is still getting after it. I've added some cardio back into my training in the form of running. I've only been doing 2-3 miles a few times a week but I will ramp that up slowly. I have a ten miler in April. Lifting has been going ok. I've also been working on my flexibility which is terrible. Diet has been on point with the exception of holidays and vacations.

pastorjim08 likes this.
  18. pastorjim08

Dislikes Received:
    I also need to work more on flexibility. At my age, it's very easy for that to go away quickly. And I've found it's a struggle to get it back

19. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So I exceeded my weight goal for my 6 mo. Dr. Appointment. Blood work will take a few days to see if insulin resistance has reversed and if cholesterol went up. I have always had great numbers there but the diet is way different than I had before. My power walks with A.J. Have kept my calves really tight and me tired from the cold air and winds. So not much else done as far as work outs. I get crazy cold now that I've lost weight. Forr some reason it makes me very tired. Usually thermostat is at 62 during the day all winter....65 just barely keeps me comfy now....lol

20. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This has been my first week back at hard workouts since falling off the ladder on Thanksgiving weekend. Monday was a hard upper body lift and incline walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes. Yesterday I hit the Alpine Runner for 2.5 miles in 60 minutes at a 20% grade. Today was sprinting on the treadmill and rower with 25 pull ups and push ups mixed throughout when "resting" between sprints.

pastorjim08 likes this.