***Official LIVE from the Stand Thread, 2020***

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by MnHunterr, Aug 18, 2020.

1. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Back at it. A.J. and I crossed some good trails this a.m.,even though it was snowing good. Morning tracks headed down hill. Hoping they come back up along this ridge. I'm at the point of it and on the edge in a dog house tower. Up hill is eye line all other sides slope down away from me. Hoping snow mobiles this morning have them moving around now. Besides guys like night snow mobility around here as well. So there could be some pushing.
    Deer or no beautiful afternoon light winds and 30's. Good luck to those out there. I have an order in for one more by hubby. ..lol 20201220_150804.jpg 20201220_150752.jpg 20201220_150732.jpg 20201220_150719.jpg

2. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Just had a flock of turkey walk in out of the gully. Took ridge trail toward house. That was spring roosting area, looks like winter one too. Few minutes left still hoping....

3. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    6D7A524D-FDF6-439F-AFE4-A68F0F517BFC.jpeg
    only tree i could get in with this wind on this plot. Theyve been in this clover judging by the browse and droppings. Just dont know if theyve been here during daylight

4. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    Few does and 2 yo buck in plot there all on pins an needles

5. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Been out of pocket a while, but I'm back and will tell you I've missed you all. I'll be back in a stand tomorrow and I've really missed that as well. Won't go into the details, but stuff and life happens to us all. I'll have to catch up a bit, but congrats to you lucky late season killers. Hopefully I can join your ranks soon.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

6. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Hope everything is trending better. Some tree stand therapy always seems to help.

7. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing here. I saw 2 big bodied deer cross a field 150 yds away. Loooong day

8. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    Ended up seeing 7 deer. The 2yo buck harassed 3 mature does and they ran almost right under me. No shot and had to be a ninja to not get busted. They were all over me trying to figure me out. Lead doe eventually caught a whiff and redirected back to plot. Walked right in shooting lane but other does looking right at me again. Didnt want to risk drawing and those deer blowing the whole plot out. Thought id just wait for last doe to get in lane and take her. Buck chased them over to adjacent winter wheat field before i could get shot. He offered perfect shot but didnt want to shoot him. Other deer started filtering off the plot away from me. One was real nice body 3 y.o. Buck. He only had one side which confirms what ive been hearing. Dropping already. I waited till after dark and snuck down with couple deer still in plot. Think i made a good exit. Ill be back at it later this week i hope.

9. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was wondering what was up. We've drove by the house a few times and things looked pretty quiet.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

oldnotdead and Ridgerunner3 like this.
  10. foodplot19

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in the same boat........

Sent from my SM-G965U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

11. Ridgerunner3

Dislikes Received:
    Unfortunately there is no path for a trending good, just managing and hoping for the best. Thank you for the sentiment though. Others have it worse, so I can't really piss and moan too much. Just saying I'm happy for my health and feel lucky for it. I was in NC about 30 minutes from you last week, but no possibility of meeting up, even though I thought about it.

12. foodplot19

Dislikes Received:
  13. Ridgerunner3

Dislikes Received:
    Yep we were 860 miles east. Folks needed some help, so off we went. Long, tough trip and I'm glad to be home and in one piece.

14. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    I will be out bright and early in the morning at same spot. There were many tracks past that blind in two spots. I just came in from shoveling the entire drive for hubby to leave for work and delivery trucks. By Christmas it's to be in 40's and rain but snow Tues. I don't want a mess in the drive and around porch ratber shovel a little at a time than a bunch at once. This time all 300 ft only took an hour. Best get to sleep for early trek in morning.

Wop 75, Mod-it, arrowflinger1 and 3 others like this.
  15. vermontwhitetail

vermontwhitetail Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats! Happy child, proud Dad. A moment he will never forget.

cantexian and oldnotdead like this.
  16. vermontwhitetail

vermontwhitetail Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in NJ with the kids. One more shot for them to get a deer this season and for Caleb to get his first.. They will be in a tree with their crossbows this afternoon. Hunting over food sources and travel to food. Checking cameras in a little bit. Good luck anyone who's out.

Wop 75, early in, Mod-it and 7 others like this.
  17. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck to you and your kids!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Wop 75 and vermontwhitetail like this.
  18. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    So quiet out here you could hear a squirrels heart beat at a hundred feet.
    Trying to get out last night I kicked 2 turkey off the roost. Decided to just walk under them this a.m. they never stirred.

19. foodplot19

Dislikes Received:
    We left at 6:15 and got home about 2:45. I know it wasn't exactly 9 hours. Dumb me, couldn't just relax and set on the couch. The day before, while setting in the stand I was planning the food plots for next year and decided those 10 trees had to go. At the base they were anywhere from 10" to 20" in diameter. There was also a "hole" in the ground that was from who knows what. So, Saturday we decided to cut them down and drag the biggest ones to the other side of the property to get them out of the way. We kept 6 of them near an old Locust stump that needs to get burned down or is going to get ground up when the skid steer gets here this weekend. After we got home from hockey and got all our stuff put away or in the laundry we headed to the bottoms to build a fire to start burning our previous days work. There were 2 old trees that had been laying by the stump that were being used as kindling. We had a pretty big fire going and are down to about 2 trees left to get on the fire. I finally got set down on the couch at about 6pm.
    Back to work now.
    Good Luck, to anyone who is hunting!!

20. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    They have a half hour then I have to get going. Christmas eve's at our place, so much to do. A. J. Is killing my time. If he doesn't get his 2 1/2 mile walk every day , it's like having the Tazmanian Devil in the house.