best fletching for magnus stinger broadhead

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Rodolfo Lazo, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Rodolfo Lazo

Rodolfo Lazo Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi:
    I already got a 50 pounds SEARS recurve bow bow ( guess made by Ben Pearson, and in excellent condition!!)

So I took gold tip hunter 400 arrows that came vaned with 3 x 3" vanes, regular insert and 100 grains tip. I glued on a 100 grains insert and used for practice the 100 grains target tips.

With out the brass inserts the arrow grouped 4 inches to the left, after adding that weight at the tip the dynamic spine got weaker and they aling perfect on the X. I was able to group 4 arrows within 4 inches circle at 28 yards....

But I want to keep using these arrrows with leather rest and have to move to feathers. And as i am ready to start hunting for real, got magnus stinger 2 blaeded broadheads.

My question is, trying to improve the equipment set up: Would be better 3 feathers x 5" long or better 4 feathers 4" long???
    Hope you can comment and share your thoughts.

As I guess will just shoot hogs between 20 to 40 yards away, drag is not an issueyond 40 yards.

Thanks for your time.!

2. Valongbow

Valongbow Newb

Dislikes Received:
    The 3 fletch with 5 inch feathers will be more than enough. Your setup sounds well tuned and the stingers are low profile so you shouldn’t have any steerage problems.

3. Rodolfo Lazo

Rodolfo Lazo Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi, Thanks for your post. I am confident the combination of magnus and fletching will be consistent . I will set up the arrow shaft with 5" feathers as soon as possible to test them on the real field!!