Scent Crusher bags...

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by JFerg3, Oct 22, 2020.

1. JFerg3

JFerg3 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    What makes a Scent Crusher duffell bag different from a regular duffell bag you can buy at Wally World?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

2. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Lined zippers is really about it. Keeps or should keep air transfer down out to in and in to out. Any ozone device can be dropped in it to saturate clothing in side with ozone prior to a hunt.

3. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Scentlok offers very similar product, I own one of their older model bags, and the zippers are the main difference between what you'll find at wally world, but material quality is also step up.

4. Longdraw

Longdraw Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I stick the Scent Crusher bags tube into a plastic tub and fill that with ozone. Might not be perfect, but it’s better than nothing and better than a $200 or more S. C. tote.

5. airenlow

airenlow Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I did the same. My SC bag fell apart, so I rigged up a $10 plastic tote to treat my clothes.

Longdraw likes this.
  6. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    When I use ozone I'm all about the big plastic tote. I keep everything in there - backpack, boots, clothes, etc. Toss it all in, run the ozone machine for a few minutes, and call it a day.

To answer the question - a lot of cheap duffel bags have a plastic/rubber lining on the inside. Most of them will be eaten by the ozone over time. The ones sold by Scent Crusher, ScentLok, HME Scent Slammer, etc have linings that are designed to hold up to ozone. I know a few people who have eaten their cheap DIY bags with ozone and had to buy new ones.

Oh, and keep your rubber/neoprene boots away from the ozone machine as well. Same goes for undergarments with elastic in the waist band or cuffs. Suspender straps, etc. Ozone will eat all of it.

JFerg3 likes this.
  7. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    When I use ozone I'm all about the big plastic tote. I keep everything in there - backpack, boots, clothes, etc. Toss it all in, run the ozone machine for a few minutes, and call it a day.

To answer the question - a lot of cheap duffel bags have a plastic/rubber lining on the inside. Most of them will be eaten by the ozone over time. The ones sold by Scent Crusher, ScentLok, HME Scent Slammer, etc have linings that are designed to hold up to ozone. I know a few people who have eaten their cheap DIY bags with ozone and had to buy new ones.

Oh, and keep your rubber/neoprene boots away from the ozone machine as well. Same goes for undergarments with elastic in the waist band or cuffs. Suspender straps, etc. Ozone will eat all of it.

8. NebMo Hunter

NebMo Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I just throw a scent slammer into large tote i bought at hardware store

JFerg3 likes this.
  9. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I throw an HME Ozone machine in my car and in the storage room that keep my hunting gear in. I don't own a bag. I would do a plastic tub if I needed more ozone cleaning.

10. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was all set to buy a Scent Crusher closet a couple years ago until I found out the stuff eats elastic and rubber. I just am not willing to risk destroying a couple grand worth of Sitka and other gear I have. Ozone works awesome, no doubt about it... just not at that expense for me. I am a bit intriqued by the new products of ScentLok. The OZ sprayer bottle that infuses ozone in water. I need to do more research on it to see if it actually works, does what its billed to do.

11. Brian Nunnally

Brian Nunnally Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've owned the scent crusher bag and tote for a few years now. Yes, there is no doubt it can/will ruin rubber/elastic but only if you leave it in too long and don't open the bag/tote. If you stick to 15 minutes and open the bag/tote you will be fine. If you let it go longer and leave it closed in then yes it will ruin it.

12. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

This is why i'm so reluctant to use Ozone. I know it works, but i would hate to ruin expensive clothing. I wonder if we will at some point start seeing clothing deemed "ozone safe" that uses other materials that aren't affected by ozone. Scent Lok has a spray bottle that infuses ozone in water that can be sprayed. That seems intriguing to me but there isn't a lot of reviews on it at the moment. Would hate to spend 125 bucks on a spray bottle that doesn't do much. haha.

13. nocked-n-loaded

nocked-n-loaded Newb

Dislikes Received:
    If you’re using an ozone machine how often are you washing your clothes throughout the season?

14. Brian Nunnally

Brian Nunnally Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I only wash my outer clothes (jacket/bibs) once at the beginning of the season. I wash my layers next to my skin maybe twice through the year depending on how sweaty/stinky I get.

nocked-n-loaded likes this.