Team 10 - 10acious

Discussion in '2020 Deer Contest' started by Zblevins, Aug 31, 2020.

1. siwulat

siwulat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Saw one doe this morning that got spooked by a couple of coyotes cruising through. Saw a small buck this evening but he never got into range, and saw another deer moving through thick cover. All in all a decent day.

Tony likes this.
  2. Zblevins

Zblevins Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well took the weekend to spend some time with the wife but I'm back in the trees today lookin for some meat now that I'm contested out. Wish the weather would cooperate a little better, tomorrow the high is 79°... but Wednesday's gonna bring a drop and some rain, Thursday should be a real good morning for some action. Good luck to everyone!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

PaBowhunter and Tony like this.
  3. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Jon, it’s been a week... would you be so kind and post him in the score thread?

@18andrew we need yours entered as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

PaBowhunter likes this.
  4. siwulat

siwulat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    We’ve got a 30 degree temp drop on tap for tomorrow. Unfortunately work calls, but I’ll be in the woods for the next two Thursday - Sunday.

5. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well fellas, My first sit since the accident will happen tomorrow.... can’t use my compound so I will be out with the crossbow... I’m thinking I will not be real picky ... but we shall see!

siwulat likes this.
  6. PaBowhunter

PaBowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's awesome! Good luck Tony!

Tony likes this.
  7. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Wisconsin Buckwatch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Amazing hunt tonight.. Passed on 5 bucks 2 were chasing a doe. Still waiting on something bigger. I'll be out tomorrow evening again, hoping to close the deal. Awesome job team!

8. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I wish we had that here - been in the mid-high 70's for the entire rut over here. And winds out of the east every day, which is extremely rare here in the fall/winter unless it is snowing. I only have one spot I can really hunt with winds out of the east and its an early season stand on a field edge and not very good for the rut, plus its the stand that the damn stray dog spent a week harassing deer at. Second year in a row that we have gotten a warm spell that lasted the whole rut. I am beyond frustrated right now. It sucks sitting in the stand and sweating your ass off in November... Plus the weather means that the grass is growing and all the neighbors are mowing **** non-stop so cant even enjoy being out in the woods since all you can hear are motherf**king lawnmowers and brush hogs going in every direction.

At least we got rain today to quiet down the leaves. That opens up two other potential stands for these winds that I can only get into stealthily if the leaves are wet. Neither of them is optimal for an eastern wind but if the wind turns just a tad to the north or south then I might be able to get away with it in one of those. That or I might just ditch stand hunting altogether and sneak in on foot for some still hunting while the leaves are wet and quiet.

9. NorthmanJW

NorthmanJW Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The weekend is here! Getting pictures every night from buddy's killing some giant deer. I'll will be planting my ass at the edge of the swamp where I will call and rattle all damn day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

10. siwulat

siwulat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Saw a nice 8 this morning. He came in to 20 and pegged me. No shot. That was it for me today.

Tony likes this.
  11. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    Finally got some slightly cooler weather. Still not really cold, but 60’s is a lot better than 80’s. Had A lot of movement this morning but nothing ever came into bow range. Grabbing a bite to eat now and heading back out for the afternoon. Going to take my bow and rifle with me. Still planning on bow hunting, but if a nice buck happens to pass by and won’t come into bow range the I will probably end up sending some lead in his direction instead. We get two antlered tags so even if I murk one with the rifle tonight I’ll still have another to use for the contest.

Tony likes this.
  12. siwulat

siwulat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Had 4 straight days in a park. Saw some deer but no shots taken. Have the next three days of work, then off again to hunt Thursday through Sunday in the park again.

Guy gave me some solid intel on a good spot for this coming weekend so I plan to check that out on Wednesday during stand setup.

13. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    Didn’t see any deer this morning, but I harvested a bigass squirrel using the Texas Heart Shot technique from 85yds right before I climbed down. I only managed to recover the back legs and the tail though. I guess the front half still had enough life in it to crawl off and there wasn’t a blood trail to follow. Kind of surprised about that as I had always figured that a 300 win mag would’ve been enough to drop a squirrel right in its tracks. I suppose that squirrel was just a lot tougher than he looked.

Tony likes this.
  14. NorthmanJW

Dislikes Received:
    Needed some meat so I smacked one with a rifle. This was alot easy back in my highschool days. 1.8 miles out to the road. 1.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

15. siwulat

siwulat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I’m back at it for the next 4 days. Saw a doe already this morning, and bumped a good buck when setting up yesterday.

16. NorthmanJW

Dislikes Received:
    Tony and Wisconsin Buckwatch like this.
  17. siwulat

siwulat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Spent the last two Thu-Sun on stand without much success. Saw some deer the first weekend, and this past was a total dud! I won’t be back out until after thanksgiving now. Keep at it everyone!

Tony and Wisconsin Buckwatch like this.
  18. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Wisconsin Buckwatch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't given up either, just had opeining weekend of gun season. I took a doe this morning with my rifle. I won't be bowhunting till decmeber again, unless I take a buck with the gun. keep grinding everyone!

Tony likes this.
  19. siwulat

siwulat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Happy thanksgiving everyone! Hope you’re all spending it with those close to you!!

Tony likes this.
  20. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Image1606499046.354548.jpg

I took this big ole doe Thanksgiving at 9:30am .. after the fall I didn’t think I’d even get a chance to hunt this year.... feeling very blessed for this kill.

How about everyone else? How was your Thanksgiving?

Wisconsin Buckwatch likes this.