Lem grinders?

Discussion in 'Game Processing, Recipes & Cooking' started by Wop 75, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Wop 75

Wop 75 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Am looking at Lem grinders. The#22 model just wondering if they work good and are worth buying. Any input is apriciated thanks

2. 87TT

87TT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yes. I received the 1/2 HP big bite for Christmas last year. I just finished my elk from this year and it worked great. I have used a hand grinder and a Harbor Freight grinder, which although slow worked fine. The Lem was way faster and easier to feed. Their sausage seasoning is the bomb.

Wop 75 likes this.
  3. Wop 75

Wop 75 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks. I wanted to hear from someone who has used one not just the reviews on line

4. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have an older one. It does the job.

If the auger has a plastic gear on the end, do yourself a favor and order one or 2 replacements. Mine came with a spare. One has now broken and there is no replacement part for it as it is 15+ years old.

Wop 75 likes this.
  5. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lem is decent, you wont go far wrong with that size a 22 neck and about 1hp is solid

Wop 75 likes this.
  6. Nick Lewandowski

Nick Lewandowski Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I used a 1/2 hp LEM Grinder for the longest time. My dad was gifted it along time ago and we always used it to process the deer I'd get. Always worked great never had a complaint.
    Now that I'm on my own I have a Cabela's brand that was $120. It was definitely worth the money. 10 times quieter as well. I can run it at midnight and the neighbors can't hear it.

Wop 75 likes this.
  7. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have the 3/4 LEM Big Bite. I bought mine about six years ago. It works fantastic. Well worth the extra money versus a cheaper model. Four deer and it paid for itself before the end of my first year with it.

Wop 75 likes this.
  8. Rowdyray

Rowdyray Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Are you kidding? I started out with a 99.99 cheapo from Northern Tool. Burned that out rather quickly. Got a .35 hp Big Bite on a black friday sale. Game changer. Does everything I personally want to experiment with. Ran 100 pounds of venison and/or pork through it without breaking a sweat.

We've got an old Hobart grinder that came from a closed butcher shop for venison processing. Several houndred pounds through it at a time. It's a beast. But, it's old. Soon we won't be able to get parts. Grabbed the LEM .75 hp version for a steal. It's usually attached to the 25 pound LEM mixer. Life is so much easier.

But, if the Hobart dies...the .75 hp LEM will have to step up. No doubt it will.