Issues with my SCENTLOK Reactor Heated Vest

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by LittleChief, Oct 19, 2020.

1. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    To anyone who has this vest or any other vest that uses a power pack: I've encountered an issue.

So, I turn the power pack on, plug the USB cord into the battery pack and the on/off/setting button on the vest rotates between setting colors like it should. I can press it and it comes on high. I can press it and it will cycle through the settings.

If I turn it off, however, after about a minute the on/off button will start a dim rapid flashing. When this happens I can't turn it on and the only solution is to unplug the USB cable and plug it back in. If this is normal it's not a good thing since doing that on stand will be very difficult since the pack will be in a pocket in a vest under an outer layer.

I haven't had time to investigate online, but my first guess is that the power pack is shutting itself off because no power is being drawn from it?

Any inputs or suggestions?

2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Never noticed this. I'll have to watch mine and see if it does it.

3. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    I actually used the vest this morning to stay warm. As long as I keep it on it works great. If I shut the vest off then about 30 seconds later the power pack shuts itself off. Then the on/off button on the vest does the rapid, low light blink.

I found that I don't need to unplug the vest and plug it back in. I just have to hit the power button on the power pack. Thats a bit of a pain considering it's in a pocket under the outer jacket.

I'm not sure if all power packs automatically shut off when no power is being drawn or not.

4. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Probably by design, they thought it was a good idea to try to extend battery life as long as possible? Have to see if Justin’s does the same thing and then you’ll know.

5. sknox8

sknox8 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have been having the same issue. Outside of unplugging it. All ot would do is flash a low red colored button

6. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    The vest automatically shuts off after 45 minutes, which, to me, is an annoying feature. My battery pack also requires me to power it back on before I can turn the vest on. Thankfully, I know where the button is and can power it on without having to take any clothing off.

I haven't experienced any of the other issues that have been reported.

LittleChief likes this.
  7. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    The auto shut off after 45 minutes is annoying. It’s also annoying that the power pack shuts off.

Still, it’s a minor inconvenience considering how toasty warm it keeps you.