Police should just run away?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Vabowman, Oct 28, 2020.

1. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The deterrent is for crime to have consequences. Way too many of these liberal mayors and governors are becoming soft on crime and telling the cops to stand down. By doing so, they let their cities burn to the ground.

Looting and arson is a crime! Arrest these A-holes and punish them. The criminal activities will end quickly if that were to happen.

You can't be soft on crime.

2. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    yeh it's different, because it's YOU! In YOUR house and YOUR life in danger....yall kill me with this crap.. Early, I have always respected you and I think you are a pretty smart dude, I still do respect you but I have to say I am a little shocked with your answer...

3. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If you attack a LE officer with deadly intent it is very clear what their response will be. Doesn't take a lot of smarts to realize that.
    I support LE protecting themselves at all costs.
    We don't live in a fairytale la la land. A utopia is a pipe dream. There are grave consequences to really stupid decisions.

4. Garrett Godlewski

Garrett Godlewski Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Its awful any life was taken, but the fact of the matter is the officers responded to a call with a man wielding a knife walking around and towards them and did what was needed to ensure they go home to their families and protect the other people around... play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

5. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No, not because it's ME, MY house, or MY life being in danger, it's because you can't compare those two scenarios. Make no mistake, ANYBODY who enters my home without my welcome will be shot, and probably killed. Also, nobody sees what goes on inside of my home, so what I do there isn't for public consumption, like what we see played out on TV regarding real life events. This stuff can go back and forth until the cows come home, and I'm more than aware that folks have different takes on the subject, so I'm going to bow out gracefully like I tried to do earlier.
    I do know better than to get caught up in these discussions, as I've mentioned before, it's not why I come on to Bowhunting.com.

6. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    Well, if you going to bow out then i guess you can't tell me how they are different.. your life in danger in your house, you shoot...cops life in danger in the street, he has to tase or shoot the knee...yeh I get it...the fact is, the guy would still be alive if he hadn't come at the officers with a knife
    A real stand up guy...smh
    https://www.the-sun.com/news/1702876/walter-wallace-criminal-record-philadelphia-police-shooting/

https://6abc.com/philadelphia-vandalism-walter-wallace-west-philly-shooting-police/7396432/

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    buzzard317 likes this.
  7. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I thought you advocated shooting perps in the legs? You would kill them but the cops can't....... makes no sense.

Vabowman likes this.
  8. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    the mind of a liberal is a mysterious thing Greg.. it's always "not in my back yard" but in yours you should do this...that....

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  9. WildernessPhantom

WildernessPhantom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yea it would be a mistake to break into my place. Also, if I’m out and about and some nut comes at me with a knife, end result will be the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vabowman likes this.
  10. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    We were deep into a double shooting scene the other night when a call went out with a crazy lady who had slit her wrists and then was holding a friend hostage in her room. We only had 2 free officers to respond and thank God both of them had 10 to 20 yrs of experience. Roll into the house and subject still had the knife near the victim and refused to comply. Luckily the veteran female cop made a great shot with the taser and rendered the subject useless and disarmed her. If that taser shot didn't work the outcome would have likely been much different...and justified.

Germ likes this.
  11. 87TT

87TT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The guy needed shot, period.

12. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If that same situation would have happened to any of those people that live in Philly and they were armed, the guy would have been shot. Yet they use this as a reason to go buck wild. License to act like a complete criminal.

Mod-it and Sota like this.
  13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    A Hole politicians, activists, and all the BS that does not hold the violent criminal perpetual perps accountable for their actions, hold the police accountable but not the culture that leads to conflicts.

Mod-it likes this.