Team 10 - 10acious

Discussion in '2020 Deer Contest' started by Zblevins, Aug 31, 2020.

1. ohiocheese

ohiocheese Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I’ll be headed out tomorrow morning for 3 days on public land here in Ohio. To say I’m excited is an understatement!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Wisconsin Buckwatch and Tony like this.
  2. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This is killing me... I should be in day three of my 8 day Ohio hunting vacation... kill one for me!

3. Justin Goins

Justin Goins Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I have hunted hard all week and lets just say i have only seen one deer in the past 3 days. Out right now have a good feeling about tonight. Congrats on the doe!

Wisconsin Buckwatch likes this.
  4. Jonathan Barlar

Jonathan Barlar Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I’m heading out in the morning for a 3 day hunt. Good luck to everyone this weekend!

5. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I almost hate to post these because they’re terrible photos... and it’s the smallest deer I’ve shot in several years... particularly the one that shows off how big the ears are compared to the head and body.... trying to take photos of a tiny deer solo, without a phone-tripod, and zero light is tough, especially when there is 75 degree weather trying to ruin your tender Veal Deal backstraps.... on a positive note.. I got at least enough rib & neck meat alone off of her to make 3/4, and maybe even a whole, venison burglar.. upload_2020-10-29_23-28-25.jpeg
    upload_2020-10-29_23-28-57.jpeg
    I was actually hoping to get out there again tonight and redeem myself on a big ol 2 year old... but this tropical storm **** kind of messed that up. I tried the tropical storm treestand hunt last year and I didn’t see a single deer the whole time then got really seasick and barfed out of the stand which kind of ruined that stand for the next 2 weeks or so.

6. Jonathan Barlar

Dislikes Received:
    Doe down!
    I’ll get pics in the score thread later.
    Now for the big boy.

Attached Files:

Tony, siwulat and opossumhunterNC like this.
  7. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Wisconsin Buckwatch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  8. siwulat

siwulat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Went in blind this morning and ended up setting up over a scrape. Turned out to be a line of them, decently fresh, so I’ll be heading back there this evening.

9. ohiocheese

ohiocheese Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Had a nice buck sneak by just out of range this morning this morning. Sitting over a couple of hot scrapes tonight

10. siwulat

siwulat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Back up hunting over the scrape line I found this morning. Good luck if you’re out!

11. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    About to head out for the afternoon sit... Hopefully it'll go better than the disaster of a morning I had. Started off promising, had a herd of 5 or 6 does and fawns walk out and the big ol fat mama doe walked out and lined herself up for a perfect 25 yard broadside. Drew my bow back and was about to send it when out of nowhere this bigass squirrel pulls a kamikaze move from the next tree over and lands right on my shoulder. I didn't even see him coming and didn't know what the heck it was so I instinctively ducked and I guess I bumped the trigger on my release when I did that so the arrow went flying into the treetops. Every single doe blew out of there raising hell all the way through the woods and probably scared off every single deer on the property. Think I will walk by that spot once I climb down tonight and see if I can spot the luminok. I doubt i'll be able to get the arrow though, it is almost certainly stuck in the side of a tree 50+ feet above the ground, but kind of curious to see where it ended up.

Wisconsin Buckwatch likes this.
  12. siwulat

siwulat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Lol I would have paid good money to watch that squirrel try to take you out. Must’ve seen an opening and went for the kill shot. Sneaky little bastards they are! Haha.

13. Zblevins

Zblevins Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry I've missed a couple weeks of action boys seems like I missed some good ones! Work has been ridiculous and I just haven't even considered pulling up the forums since I last left the farm, I'll be supremely glad to get back post-election and hopefully with a new mayor. Anyways I'm off for the next two weeks and I'm settled back into the cabin life. Hitting the feeder blind this morning since some rain is gonna coming through. Haven't been getting as much buck activity on this camera since the acorns started dropping, and there are **** tons of them, but I'll take another for the freezer for now lol. I have noticed more daylight movement in and around town the last week and a half though so fingers crossed I'll catch my 10 point slipping sometime in the next two weeks! Good luck fellas![​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

14. NorthmanJW

NorthmanJW Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    We shared the same trail yesterday morning. All that separated us from each other was a fallen pine tree. Neither of us knew the other was there. Feeling alot like Elmer Fudd about now. Screenshot_20201101-064909.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

15. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    He seemed as surprised by my presence as I was of his. I was standing really still aside from drawing my bow so I don’t think he realized I was a living human. That or maybe he was trying to jump onto the tree or a branch and missed his target and got me instead.

16. siwulat

siwulat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It was a blatant attack. Plain and simple.

17. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    My afternoon hunt yesterday was a total bust. I was hunting a field edge stand since it’s the only stand that I’ve got for that wind direction. I got in the stand pretty early around 3:30 and no sooner than I got up there and settled two does come in and about 50 yds behind them is this really nice 8 pointer. I’ve been getting glimpses of him on my trail cameras all season but never seen him during daylight. He kept heading my way following those does and got to about 60 yds. I stood up, grabbed my bow, hooked my release onto the loop, and was just standing there waiting for him to get into range when I caught something moving on the far side of the field out of the corner of my eye. Looked over and there is this f**king little mutt dog walking along the opposite edge of the field. He walked along the tree line for a little ways but then looked over my way and as soon as he sees the deer he takes off straight towards them barking his ass off. They obviously blow out of there taking the buck with them and he runs right up to the tree line and stops and just sits there barking at the damn woods. He spent the entire afternoon circling the field, barking, and chasing after every single deer that came out. I was, and still am, furious at that little ****ty dog. It has no idea how damn close he came to getting perforated with an arrow then tossed in the river tied to a cinder block.
    upload_2020-11-1_11-49-36.jpeg
    Son of a ***** stayed out there all night doing the same thing. In fact he is still out there right now running around and chasing after any deer that come out. He’s got a collar but he won’t let you get anywhere near him to see if it has any contact info. Tried calling animal control but they basically told me that their dog catcher is kind of old and actually catching dogs is a lot of work and a big inconvenience for him so he only comes out for dogs that are acting rabid or ones that have already been caught in a trap or some enclosed space. So essentially my county government has a full-time, salaried position with the official job title of “dog catcher” and they went out and hired a guy who only responds to dogs that are already caught??? That’s like getting told by the fire department that it’s a lot of work to put out a fire so they need you to go put out the fire yourself before they’ll send any firefighters out. They might as well change his job title to Stray Dog Chauffeur.

I set up a couple cage traps for him last night, and baited them up really good, but I am pretty sure he has been caught before and he is really trap shy. He ate all the bait right up to the edge of the trap, but didn’t take a single bite of anything inside of it
    upload_2020-11-1_13-10-22.jpeg
    Going to give it another day with the cage traps but if he hasn’t gotten caught or left the property by the time I get off work tomorrow I’m making the switch to four-coil MB-550’s. I hate to use foot-hold traps on a domestic dog, and one that might be somebody’s pet, but he already cost me one decent buck and I am not about to let him go running all over my hunting property chasing bucks and attacking does right at the start of the rut. And honestly, even if I do use the foothold traps on him, the little f**ker ought to consider himself damn lucky because I was really really tempted to let the air out of him last night after he chased off that buck.

18. Jonathan Barlar

Dislikes Received:
    9pt down!
    Shot him at 5:10 tonight.
    It’s been quite the weekend. For Friday morning, turkey Friday evening,

Attached Files:

Zblevins, opossumhunterNC and siwulat like this.
  19. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Way to go, team!!!!!!

siwulat likes this.
  20. Zblevins

Zblevins Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Way to freakin go Jonathan that's what I'm talkin about!

NC that'd be a dead dog in my woods especially if I saw him running deer with my own eyes. Keep a better eye on your pets especially during deer season. I put an orange vest on my German Shepard during even bow season and she always stays within eyesight.

I'm back at it this morning after pretty much taking yesterday off, was windy as hell all day with gusts up over 40mph. Pretty calm right now but it's supposed to pick back up until this evening so dusk should be killer. Fingers crossed anyways! Lol[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk