The Orion Syndicate (#12) - 2020 & 2021 Champions

Discussion in '2022 Deer Contest' started by tynimiller, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Team Haastyle

Team Haastyle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Dang! Prayers for a fast recovery so you can get back in the saddle again!

fletch920 likes this.
  2. Team Haastyle

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the buck Rick!

3. Team Haastyle

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the buck Ash! Way to stay with it, always like to read a hunt story

4. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats ash! Way to stick with the recovery, the tracks that don’t go quite as planned are always the ones to stick in my memory the longest.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

ash d likes this.
  5. Oldcarp

Oldcarp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats ash on the Buck. Like Farmer rick said good job of tracking him down.

ash d likes this.
  6. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I have no idea what you are talking about. :lol:

I finished the flooring project at my brother’s house yesterday at about 6:00 pm.

We were driving back to where we were staying and I updated the scorecard on my phone. There was zero signal in the house we were staying in.

As soon as I read your comment I remembered that I hadn’t changed the team number when I changed the score.

Now that I’m not working myself to death I’ll be able to pay a little more attention to detail.

farmer rick likes this.
  7. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well hot dog things are heating up for us all...now we just need Fletch to get better, drop an Iowa donkey and the rest of us slackers to start contributing LOL

Everyone get that doe or second buck that has put a buck down and we are sitting freaking pretty for a shot at this thing.

MIHOYT89, fletch920, ash d and 2 others like this.
  8. Oldcarp

Oldcarp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I hope to stop slacking Saturday and maybe even Friday evening:bow: Help out our team in the point area. Since I didn't get an elk this year my wife wanted me to by a doe tag also. I may shoot a doe in the first couple days then focus on a Buck for the next couple weeks. I'm getting very excited to hurry and get out.

9. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    I'm finally back home. After two days of working at a break-neck pace putting down flooring I am extremely sore. I'm mostly sore because I had to do all of my own cutting because my brother was busy doing other things, so all of the up and down really got to my thighs and my butt. I'm actually so sore that it hurts to sit down.

This is one of the more complicated laminate flooring jobs I've done. Lots of what should have been 45 degree angles that weren't 45 degrees, which is always fun. Lots of obstacles and doorways. Lots of thresholds to put in, replaced baseboard and installed shoe molding.

I'm glad it's over. I thought about trying to get in a stand this afternoon but I don't think my muscles are up to a climb and I know they aren't up to dragging one out, so I'll wait until the rain ends and maybe get out Friday morning for one sit before I have to start packing up for the 2 1/2 week hunt in Mark Twain National Forest.

Oldcarp likes this.
  10. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Friday weather is looking prime, I'll have to work in the am but will be out around 1/2pm if all works out as it should. I left my sticks in the tree, I feel pretty good about that spot, hopefully they are on their feet Friday afternoon.
    I stumbled across a bed and a very productive acorn tree last night, I may need to get in there and see what's going on.

11. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone have any tips for bear? I’m in NY so we can’t bait. It seems like their a needle in a haystack when trying to hunt them. You might get one just passing by foraging but other than that I don’t know where to start. NY gives you a tag with your license and I’d love to get one but without baiting it seems awful tough.

12. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Is it legal to wear honey as cologne and body lotion? LOL No help here man...

13. farmer rick

farmer rick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Never fails fill my tag and a brute shows up.
    The other pic. had my wife and daughter going about its bigfoot. HUNT5228.JPG HUNT5185.JPG

Oldcarp and ash d like this.
  14. Team Haastyle

Dislikes Received:
    I assume you guys can't run dogs for them either? I agree that without bait it seems pretty useless of a tag. Bear do seek out oak flats for acorns, anywhere you had berries (if even still around or viable), and anywhere that is more boggy/marsh like they tend to stay near. When we set up bear hunters here in Wisconsin much of what we do is drive around on fourwheelers and check each and every wet spot and puddle for bear prints to get an idea of where they are coming and going. Maybe start there and start fine tuning.

ash d likes this.
  15. Team Haastyle

Dislikes Received:
    T_00007.JPG
    Just had this horse of a buck show up. Talk about a tank body. Don’t want to be accidentally spilling doe urine on you when this is around lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Oldcarp, ash d, farmer rick and 2 others like this.
  16. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    He is a beast!

How old do you think he is?

Team Haastyle likes this.
  17. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Well my congestion is getting worse not better...chose not to push a hunt today in the cold and set myself up even worse. Sucks as good winds for a fire stand, but I really don't want to make myself miss more in the long run. Called in to work said I'd be late and altogether slept 14 straight hours...we will see how the day progresses.

May try to hunt tomorrow or hold off one more day to hopefully get better before trying that big push before the 15th firearm opener.

18. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I may have to be "sick" tomorrow morning, rain is going to quit this evening and temps dropping to ~43. Might be cloudy in am, but sun should start peeking out around noon. It is youth weekend so no hunting sat/sun for me, my son does not meet the 6 y/o cutoff for youth hunts. If I don't get out in the am, I'm hoping I can get out by 1/2pm.

LittleChief likes this.
  19. Team Haastyle

Dislikes Received:
    I'm thinking 5 1/2, but don't have much history of him. He showed up last December during muzzleloader season, and just showed back up this week. Brows hurt him, but everything else is money.

LittleChief likes this.
  20. Team Haastyle

Dislikes Received:
    Not good man! Feel better! We need you to redeem yourself from the loss of those 50 points :lol:

Oldcarp, LittleChief and tynimiller like this.