TRESPASSING!!!!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by oldnotdead, Oct 23, 2020.

1. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Got a call tonight from neighbor bordering our back line behind house.I had warned him of a new guy that bought on our opposite border. I introduced my self to him and gave a friendly warning then put up my signs and warned all my other neighbors. Well he immediately had a run in with one neighbor and others kept an eye on him. Well got a call of 4 wheeler tearing up my swamp . 3 guys met my down at the guys house and I'd gotten there first. We were in a screaming match I was hot. I was in Gator st road and he came out of house to confront me. He was lying through his teeth. Threatening. The guys informed him they had pics and I laid into him hoping to get him upset enough to slip and he did. He said so what I put a few ruts in there. Gotcha!! I said to guys you heard it, the dumb ass just confessed. I told him I was going into see how much damage he did then calling cops.. He admitted to doing doughnuts in the muck. I am so Fing mad right now. The guys were great and had my back . Met another new neighbor, hell of a hunter he showed me pics. Nice guys. I said what was going though your head to think it was ok to drive past my signs and damage my land? "I wanted to take a ride." When guys went to leave he tried to get me stay and "talk" NO!!! I said I'll be back in the morning to document damage and call cops.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That sucks OND. Press charges!

cantexian, MUDSHARK and oldnotdead like this.
  3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    What an idiot, do not give him a break make it painful other wise a dumb bastard will never learn.

cantexian, MUDSHARK and oldnotdead like this.
  4. grommel

grommel Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Press full charges!! He's gonna do it again, so be ready to photo everything!! And if you remember, if you guys get at it again, try and record the conversation secretly!! Best of luck, Glenn

5. Wop 75

Wop 75 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It's sad these idiots have no respect for other people's property!!! Makes me wish we could go back to the law's of the old west and you could just shoot the Duma$$

6. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    He needs to be taught a lesson. That is the only way some people learn.

cantexian, MUDSHARK and GregH like this.
  7. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Press charges. Add more No Trespassing signs around the hunt area. There is a house, fenced in all around, south of town that has a great big sign- No Trespassing! Violators will be shot! No warning given!

Wop 75 likes this.
  8. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You both would prbably know NY laws better than me but if you record make sure that the law allows for this. Otherwise you may need 2 consenting parties (you and a friend know you are being recorded whilst the trespasser does not.)

I know IL and MD are "2 party consent" states. I think CA is as well. It is mostly a liberal state thing so I would not be surprised if NY was the same.

9. Ship of Fools

Ship of Fools Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm fairly certain NY is a one party state. I did phone systems for years and as of 2015 or so it was 1 person.

dnoodles likes this.
  10. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The only way those types learn is if charges are pressed, you’re doing the right thing. Anyone these days dumb enough to do that won’t learn after just the first time, so be vigilant for him to do it again. Especially after charges are pressed, he’ll seek retaliation of some sort.
    Get a bunch of cameras up in the area, up high in cover with locks.

MUDSHARK and oldnotdead like this.
  11. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    In Tennessee, you must tell the other person if you are recording. After reading the original thread again, rather rather than get into a shouting match, just call the authorities and let them handle it. One of our Hunter Education videos shows a landowner and hunters getting into a shoving and shouting match. A retired LEO said the landowner pushed the hunter first which constitutes assault. Went downhill from there.

12. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Well I went down to take pics and about flipped put. he had MOWED trails all through my bedding and did dounuts in my muck land( pics on phone I'll post later). He disrupted one of my steams and tore up the area that the United State forrest service has an on going survey on. I was so freaking mad I was on the phone to sheriff and even I couldn't find my trail to road. He came out when I was waiting and just wouldn't shut up! It got to the point we were both screaming and I kept telling him to shut up and go away. He then pointed to his two young boys hanging out the house window and screamed ... " this woman hates kids , she HATES YOU!. Stay away from woman like this she is a F.....g C..t!. Now wait for it.... 10 mins later he yells out .... "Would you like a cup of coffee as you wait?"
    My mind exploded. Officer came out and I took him out to damage. He said " Thats not acceptably " I went to check damage further up and he went to talk to guy. Then got on the phone.
    Here's the deal he admitted causing the damage, said offered restitution as to fixing. I said there is no fixing. It can't be fixed you sunk to your ankle just walking in there the rut are over a foot deep. The officer then said I called my office this isn't simple trespassing it is criminal mischief with property damage and will be charging him accordingly. The saga begins.....

13. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Ps...I have a headache that could kill a rhino...

14. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I can't imagine your frustration!!! And that idiot uses language like that in front of his own young children??? That's a good example of what's going wrong in our society. Kids see/hear stuff like that and think it's acceptable. What a screwed up world we're living in!

cantexian, MUDSHARK, Wop 75 and 2 others like this.
  15. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Damn OND, sorry to hear of this total BS!!! I'm glad things are moving forward and hopefully, he suffers the consequences of his actions.

16. early in

Dislikes Received:
    I'm happy to know most of your neighbors have your back with this character, because from what you've described he's going to be a potential handful. I hope not!

oldnotdead likes this.
  17. arrowflinger1

arrowflinger1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Trespassers suck

Wop 75 and oldnotdead like this.
  18. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Well more calls tonight! I texted neighbor who I gave permission to check things out and not an hour after texting me a pic of my stand asking if it was mine we hear the 4 wheeler. He got my text asking if it was him when he gets a call from another neighbor asking if it was him. NO! he'd walked in. So now we are all going in tomorrow to see how he's getting up here. This is ruining all of our hunting on a square mile. Then I find out my neighbor with sanctuary is having problems with trespassers from land behind me across the street. The guy that said tuff if you don't like it sell me your land. If you've been around a construction site or long shoreman you might guess what accompanied my, no I'll buy yours, what's the price big mouth. He's been tearing up their trails with dirt bikes and 4wheelers to get to their land from the town they live in 9 miles away. Messing up her sons hunts. We live in the country and hunting season has become a nightmare for 3 montha a year...use to be just gun.. Why I bow hunt. Bow hunting is just as bad now.

early in likes this.
  19. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    OND.. I feel your pain. Please be careful as this an issue I've seen explode and become dangerous before.

Just saying that I've been down this road and seen what some idiots will do to get even!

MUDSHARK, early in and oldnotdead like this.
  20. early in

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with you, but people that do this kind of blatant crap need to be held accountable some way, or they'll continue to disrespect other people and their property. There's power in numbers!