squirrels, skunk, raccoon...................

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by in da woods, Nov 7, 2008.

1. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    that's all I've seen after a week of morning & evening hunts.:bash: I even had a squirrel jump from a tree onto my blind, he must have jumped about 2' straight in the air when I tapped the side of the blind. :d But he didn't leave. never seen me behind the mesh. Anyway, I had a bird land on my blind this morning. I'm glad the skunk just walked by. No deer. Not even a branch break. Perfect mornings & evenings but nothing. I just go permission to hunt 200 acres, but there are other hunters there. Land owner says there are deer there. We'll see next week what's there. Any one else have same miserable luck.

2. Brandon_OH

Brandon_OH Newb

Dislikes Received:
    lol!

I was in a blind once when a squirrel decided to join me. He had no idea I was in there. Once he figured it out he went nuts running around in circles and banging into the walls of the blind. It looked like something out of a cartoon. All I saw was a blur of movement and banging and barking! I was laughing so hard. I had to open the door and let him out. What a trip that was!

Keep at it. They are moving and you should start to see some bruisers pushing does :lol:

3. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    A few years back I had a tiny yearling come up to my blind and push her nose right into my mesh window. Was the coolest thing. She had no clue I was inside. I almost flicked her nose but decided not to scare her because I wasn't sure if any others were in the area watching her.

4. isaiah

isaiah Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    hang in there! i had an encounter this afternoon for the first time with "a" deer this season.... little forker but hey i got to test my wits about me... stayed calm grabbed for my bow pulled back and whispered, "thump!" i do this little ritual now and then just to practice for a big boy if/when he come in. plus you can check you scent you know kinda work out all the kinks... you must be doing something right if the skunk didnt bust ya