New SD hunter

Discussion in 'Introductions - New User Forum' started by beef56, Oct 18, 2020.

1. beef56

beef56 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am nearing retirement. I have hunted firearm for 50+ years. I hunted with a recurve one season 45 years ago. I am contemplating a bow for target, possibly hunting use. I have located a 6 year old Mathews Mission Craze with 4 pin Tru Glo sight, Axiom harmonic damper/stabilizer, drop away arrow rest, and string silencers. He is asking $225, does this seem reasonable?

2. Nick Lewandowski

Nick Lewandowski Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Doesn't sound like to bad of a deal to me. I would just inspect the bow before buying. Maybe install a new string after buying, depending on the condition of the string. If you see a lot of frays on the string I'd go ahead and replace the string if you buy.

3. beef56

beef56 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks, I will keep that in mind!

4. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Seems like a good buy. New string is a good move and keep the old one waxed. I retired in 2009 and now can't figure out when I had time to work. Good luck with the bow! Your time hunting will be invaluable as to what you have learned.

beef56 likes this.
  5. beef56

beef56 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Well I guess he sold it. Back to the search!

6. Nick Lewandowski

Nick Lewandowski Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Try looking at the low end bear bows. Or go and shoot some at your local archery shop or Bass Pro/Cabelas(not sure if they still allow you to try the bows out) I shoot a Bear Encounter that i bought brand new at bass pro for $350 back in 2012.
    I've changed the string once already and will change it again after the season. Its been a great bow, and i can't complain about it, most likely when its time to retire this bow I'll stick with bear. it did come with a whisker biscuit. Most everyone likes other rests, but for me it works perfect. Most of my shots are within 20 yards.

beef56 likes this.