Dak Prescott....

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Vabowman, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What an awful thing to happen to him.. Seems like a good guy. Been through a lot in his young life.. Lost his mother, now his brother, and probably his career..with that said, why is everybody on sports shows acting like his life is over? They are making a huge deal out of him not getting signed to a long term big contract...They are saying he lost out and the Jerry Jones should be ashamed.. really? the guy is going to get 31 million dollars this year...not exactly going to be living in poverty the rest of his life...I mean 31 mil, I could live off that and my grandkids kids could live off that... just goes to show how much money is out there in this country and how greedy folks can be... while the working class guy dreams of retirement and days spent in the tree and coming home to their little meager home out the sticks, and do it all with a smile...

2. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    These sports people and commentators live in a different world. They say and do things for show, for entertainment. Riling people up is what they are paid to do. I wish Dak the best but I am sure he will survive.

3. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    First, we know it's not 31 million

31,000,000 - agent fee 2,500,000

28,500,000, now being he is not our President and actually pay some taxes
    $10,500,000 goes to uncle sam.

Which leaves the kid with 18,000,000, now take into account he's 25, it won't last long.

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Germ you know nothing about business if you think Trump does not pay taxes. Not certain if Trump is set up as an S corp but if he is the business makes money Trump pays taxes, if his people do their job his taxes are minimized. There in not an individual with a brain that does not try to minimize what they pay in income taxes. Some people are just better at it.

5. takemrarely

takemrarely Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I could live very comfortably on 18 mil....

It’s amazing how big numbers like that mean nothing to some, and everything to others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greatwhitehunter3 and Vabowman like this.
  6. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    People who create jobs for others pay taxes. Think about that

7. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    still hating on Trump? anyways, 18 mil is a lot of money...and 25 years old or not, if he blows through that then i don't feel sorry for him

greatwhitehunter3 and cantexian like this.
  8. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Also probably has a manager (maybe a few precent)...

He also probably has a financial advisor (another 2%), making him easily more than that, paying cap gains and will probably only work as a pro athlete for 15yrs or less...so?

I wish him the best.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    cantexian, Uchase2 and Germ like this.
  9. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Remove the 8 and divide by two...I'll still have plenty leftover to spoil grandkids when I'm old....

10. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    I know right? Give me a cool million and I will never work again. Give me half of 18 mil, I think I could manage very well... being 25 years old, even if walks away with 3-5 mil, he should never have to worry...but I can live in a 1200 sq ft house as long as I have a few hundred acres...I would be happy as a lark..I don't need to cut the hog deep in the ass to be content.. meager means brothers, meager means...

11. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No just pointing out some people actually pay income taxes. Lucky he lives in a state with no state income tax.

When you get 18 million at 25 and have had the life he has and people nipping at his toes then you can talk about how good you HAVE been with your money. All this is just talk, and talk is cheap.

Why most lottery winners end up broke, because they have no utter clue how to handle that much money.

12. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    that's sounds an awful lot like what most white liberals would say about the stereotypical young black male athlete...he will blow all his money and end up broke because he grew up poor....you white libs never cease to amaze...Germ, I tried with you dude,.. I really did. But a zebra don't change their stripes... you brought the politics into this conversation not me..and for you to assume that he's going to go broke because he grew up poor?? hum, sounds at the very least like a stereotype.. if Trump would have said what you just said, he'd be a racist....oh wait, he's already been labeled one by your crowd,,,, go somewhere else with that sh&t man...

Uchase2 likes this.
  13. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It’s who he has around him that worries me more. If it’s the wrong people, well it could be tough.
    Yes growing up poor and then suddenly getting lot more is a a potential to make bad decisions. That’s has nothing to do with liberal or conservative, it’s just how it is.

I do love how folks come on here state how great they would do in situation they have a slim to none chance of ever achieving.

You stated it was 31 million, I pointed out there are things called income taxes, 31 million make sound better if the kid failed I guess for some.

I hope he has good people around him, I don’t want the kid to be another number or a 30 for 30.

There have been athletes who have made the transition to business world, I hope he listens to them.

14. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    it's 31 million dude! 31 million.....geez...I make it on 50k a year..give me 31 million, nobody would ever hear from me again accept my family...Id be so far out in the country I wouldn't have a zip code

cantexian likes this.
  15. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It’s not 31 million we went over this.

How many people who won the lotto ended up broke?

At age you and I are we have learned to live in our means, and we understand what 18 million will do.

Would I know that at 22-25 my guess is not.

If only someone would give you 18,000,000 so we could test this theory for you.

Billie Bob Harrell Jr., $31 million, now broke

16. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    only thing I can tell you Germ, if you blow 1/4 of 18 mil then you are stupid.. at 25 I can tell you I had enough sense to invest if I had that. Dak is a college grad, he has a good head on his shoulders. he won't go broke..please someone give 31 mil...hell give 200k ! I will make the best of it

17. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Don't forget to add all the endorsement deals on top of that franchise tag. If he ends up broke, he only has himself to blame and I say that on every rich person, lottery winner or not.

I don't blame Don King for the failing of Mike Tyson, I blame Mike Tyson. I wish Cus would have lived another 15 years, but wish in one hand chit in the other...

Be easy on Germ though, he pays full taxes. He doesn't do any itemizations or claim any deductions. He pays full Michigan and Federal taxes on every penny he earns and doesn't blink on that choice. He fully understands that every penny he gives to his government is best spent where they see fit, regardless of whether it is spent where it is supposed to.

Vabowman likes this.
  18. Garet

Garet Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    He lost his season, not his career. Teddy Bridgewater's and Alex Smith both almost lost a leg and they are both signed to teams right now and either starting or seeing playing time. Dak has 5-15 years left of football ahead of him. He will be fine. It's a gruesome injury and his season is over, but y'all should relax on the hot take.

19. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Do these athletes care when the common man making 40k a year gets injured and is out a job or struggling? No. So no offense, I dont care. That being said, Dak seems to be a good guy and I wish him the best.

dnoodles and Vabowman like this.
  20. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yep, that's it exactly but nobody cares about others anymore. The most upsetting item I learned is this thread is that a School teacher in a big district makes 50,000 a year. I hope you guys have a really good pension.