Political venting

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Artem256, Jun 1, 2019.

1. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, and I will leave it at that.

2. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I’ll be having a beer tonight.

3. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It took her long enough (just sayin') .. I was thinking the Dems had prop'd her up via Weekend at Bernie's style ..... now it will be time to see who the wuss ass repub's will be to reject an appointment of a new Judge prior to the election... Sass, Murkowski, Collins, Romney, just to name a few are those that will want to opt out ..... Collins is up for re-election, Murkowski is already opting out it is said till after Jan. .... as for the other two dems, er ah Rinos, who knows .... will the Turtle ( McConnell ) have the nads to Nuke this thru .... what a time for a battle ..... LET THE GAMES BEGIN !!!!!

4. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Even though Ginsburg was a pain in the rear sometimes, she was a good American and tough. Rest in peace.

5. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Biden's statement on her death is pathetic, almost as pathetic as @0317 's celebration.

Almost as if he doesn't remember her, and he did not have time to practice reading his statement.

6. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Drinking beer of course, also had this one in the other thread(which should be merged with this one IMO)

7. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Murkowski has already stated she will not vote before the election. "Fair is fair"

She fails to remember that Garland was nominated by a lame duck President, not a sitting first term President.

Once again, the difference between the two parties in Congress. Think if Dems had the majority they would hesitate in the slightest to hold the vote?

oldnotdead likes this.
  8. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ginsburg was a Liberal ACTIVIST judge who wrote opinions based on her philosophy/liberal beliefs, not the constitution ... she's now gone, lets get a good conservative constitutionalist in there ... the Repubs can only lose two votes... Murkowski is one of those two..... I was heart broken when Scalia died, as for Ginsburg, meh .. I'm glad she's finally gone, it was going to happen one way or another, death or retirement, she should have retired when Obama was in, she didnt, now who's to blame for the libs who may lose the seat ......

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  9. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I agree, but this vacancy is huge at the same time.

Replacing Scalia and Kennedy was a balancing act in a sense. Roberts took ove Kennedy's swing vote afterwards.

Gorsuch will likely become the swing vote while Roberts becomes a more liberal leaning Justice.

My fear is the opposite and always will be. If the liberal elites get a majority on the SCOTUS, there is no way in hell we get a Scalia mixed in. We'll start referring to SCOTUS as the new 9th circuit.

10. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    listening to the talking heads on Fox and Newsmax, there are several ways to approach the nomination... one is to make a very good nomination and try to push it thru but risk the Senators who have close elections at hand, some will balk possibly .. another is also to make the nom. but hold off on the vote until after the election and use the nomination as a reason to vote for Trump and vote to re-elect the Senators who will then vote to get the nom. in .. but there isnt a guarantee either way I believe, esp. If McSally should lose to Kelly ... however, McConnell just said they would fill it .. a confirmation vote would be after the election because of the time frame involved it was said, and then what if it turned into another Kavanaugh debacle, even of a woman is nominated which I think one will be ... ....... Many of these Senators are running for re-election and Harris is up for POTUS, er ah VP .... this would take away from their time campaigning ... going to be one heck of a battle/show

11. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Barrett is the only choice IMO, think she should have been the Kavanaugh pick but so many opted to go against her.

This vacancy has been known to be likely for years. Sotomayer will be next and potentially in the next term, then we may see a Thomas retirement, heads explode.

I'll search my posts to where I have stated Trump could get 5 nominations approved over 2 terms and quote it.

Anarchy is taking stage full left, I'm taking the locked and loaded approach....

dnoodles and oldnotdead like this.
  12. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ok, now danm it, like her or not she was still a human and that is a terrible way to go. So pull up your little britches and show a little respect to a fellow human or move on to a different subject.
    I have no problem showing my contempt for living idiots I don't care for. I draw the line when they fight as hard as she did to live and lose as we all will. No matter what, in the end she deserves respect for that.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  13. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    There are going to be some less rich billionaires very soon. The money dump into these last few week's is going to be phenomenal.

14. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    In other political news tonight, while in Bemidji MN, Trump actually Went There:

(starts at 3:00 mark)

7:55 PM is where he Goes There:

Omar...she married her brother...

bahahahahaha

Hotrod9 likes this.
  15. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    hey, I'm being nice .. May she RIP ... ... you should read what the liberals are saying about her because she didnt retire under Obama ... they were expecting Clinton to win and then she'd retire and the witch would make the pick ... oooopsie, that didnt happen ...

list of possible nominations ... I'd like to see Barrett in there

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/vacant-supreme-court-seat-contenders-ginsburg-dead

16. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  17. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  18. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  19. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received: