Bear Trace HC

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Rory, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Rory

Rory Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought the Bear Trace RTH 2020 from Cabelas a few months ago. Does anyone else have this bow? Bear doesn’t have the bow on their website. It’s listed as a new bow on Bass Pro. I did find that the riser is more like a 2018 model from Bear now they have the Paradox on their sight which has the same specs. Anyway after getting the bow home and shooting it I notice the bow is shooting left. I go to adjust the sight and find the sight is already maxed out to the left. Now I can’t adjust the sight to bring the arrows right. After checking center shot and everything else I can think of I take it to the bow shop. They suggest shimming the cams over, but can’t because the cable slide won’t allow it. They call Bear no response. Did I buy a lemon? Any thoughts on this great purchase?

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

2. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Did the shop verify the set up on it before recommending the cams be shimmed over?
    What distance and how far left is it hitting? Field points or broad heads? What rest and sight do you have? Arrows aren't way under spined?
    Sorry for all the questions, but these will help members to troubleshoot what the problem might be.
    My first step would be to shoot it through paper or to shoot a bare shaft into a broad head target and see what it shows.

3. Rory

Rory Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The bow has been tuned. It’s the RTH set up from Bear. Trophy ridge sight and whisker biscuit. Waiting on a Bear rep to say something. Maybe the bow was dropped a few times at Cabelas. Brand new bow in the shop waiting on Bear.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums